Unofficial Preview Round 1 North vs Crows Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
One word.

Modra

We've got a lot of crows supporters in Melb due to him. Everyone loved full forwards in the 90s, Mods was the best to watch IMO, I honestly think we'll have a 50/50 crowd this Saturday due to norths poor attendance and the long weekend with all the Adelaide based supporters coming down + the Vic crow supporters.
will come close IMO. being it's the first game of the season, I can see a crowd of 27-30k.

10k crows supporters would be a great effort

the one thing I've noticed since I've been over here is how well attended our Victorian games are. I don't think we've ever outnumbered any other teams supporters, but judging by the noise made we've come close
Our match at Etihad last year v Essendon came very close. That, or we were much louder than them. The roar was louder for our goals.

Our match at Etihad last year v Essendon came very close. That, or we were much louder than them. The roar was louder for our goals.
yeah, that's the closest I've seen so far. if it wasn't 50-50, it was so close

I really don't know what to expect. North are under pressure to win a round one clash seeing that they are always slow starters. I think they haven't won a round 1 clash since 08/09?
Both sides are no injuries to key players. really unsure.. 50/50 game.

I really don't know what to expect. North are under pressure to win a round one clash seeing that they are always slow starters. I think they haven't won a round 1 clash since 08/09?

will be a cracker game! good luck to you guys hope the better team wins:):):):)

Douglas confirms (as we all thought) that Crouch and Atkins are available. This is what I'm expecting come Thursday night.

Brown Hartigan Lever
Smith Talia Laird
Seedsman Thompson Sloane
Douglas Walker Lynch
Betts Jenkins Milera
Jacobs BoB Crouch

Atkins, VB, Lyons, McGovern

Still big questions marks on Knight and CC. Id love to have Knight in for a game at the Etihad, but obviously we have no idea how ready he really is.

Knight out for Lyons if he's deemed fit. I think we are a little slow having Thommo, MCrouch, VB, Sloane and Lyons in that side.

Last edited:
Evidently BCrouch isn't slow at all and Milera is every bit as swift as Knight IMO. Can't see Knight or Charlie playing in the seniors this week.

Really hope pyke takes a chance and is brave at the selection table. Crouch and atkins surely play. Surely. Cameron and knight will be very valuable on a fast etihad deck. Very valuable. They have been declared fit and available. Our team with these 2 looks a much more dangerous than a couple of plodders. Last time st etihad cc and knight played brilliantly. If we lose to north and these 2 have standout games at sanfl level it will sting.

Really hope pyke takes a chance and is brave at the selection table. Crouch and atkins surely play. Surely. Cameron and knight will be very valuable on a fast etihad deck. Very valuable. They have been declared fit and available. Our team with these 2 looks a much more dangerous than a couple of plodders. Last time st etihad cc and knight played brilliantly. If we lose to north and these 2 have standout games at sanfl level it will sting.

Crouch, Knight and Cameron haven't played one AFL level match this year. Playing all 3 is too big a risk in my opinion.

Douglas confirms (as we all thought) that Crouch and Atkins are available. This is what I'm expecting come Thursday night.

Brown Hartigan Lever
Smith Talia Laird
Seedsman Thompson Sloane
Douglas Walker Lynch
Betts Jenkins Milera
Jacobs BoB Crouch

Still big questions marks on Knight and CC. Id love to have Knight in for a game at the Etihad, but obviously we have no idea how ready he really is.

Knight out for Lyons if he's deemed fit. I think we are a little slow having Thommo, MCrouch, VB, Sloane and Lyons in that side.
I think Knight would come in for McGovern, but otherwise agree.

Think Lyons has a good record at Etihad, including the Roos... ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Never won a R1 game under Scott.

will come close IMO. being it's the first game of the season, I can see a crowd of 27-30k.

10k crows supporters would be a great effort

Brown Hartigan Lever
Smith Talia Laird
Seedsman Thompson Sloane
Douglas Walker Lynch
Betts Jenkins Milera
Jacobs BoB Crouch

Looks good to me, round 2 will see Knight and Cameron come in for McGovern and Lyons.
If Menzel hits his straps I don't see the point of him playing 2s, he comes straight in. For who? Probably Van Berlo, I wouldn't drop Milera from what I've seen him do, it's pointless for Milera to play 2s, a complete waste of time.
Can you imagine though? Starting the game...Menzel and Cameron would be our 5th and 6th forwards, potency. Both these two are good enough to have the opponents best small defender on them, but not with Betts in our team.

I have always felt that CC shines when there is a lot of pressure and attention placed on Betts. I would roll the dice with CC if he is physically sound but short on match practice.

I think Knight would come in for McGovern, but otherwise agree.

Think Lyons has a good record at Etihad, including the Roos... ;)

I'm more than happy to back Lyons in. But in a huge discussion point of our side over the last 2-3 years, he does contribute to this sluggish look we have on paper with that particular side.

But, north are no speedsters themselves through the midfield anyway, so playing Lyons here doesn't concern me as much.

Last edited:

Brown Hartigan Lever
Smith Talia Laird
Seedsman Thompson Sloane
Douglas Walker Lynch
Betts Jenkins Milera
Jacobs BoB Crouch

I Like the team maybe 1 change with CC or Menzel to Play With Mc Govern travelling emergency. Getting close to time we need to include the Traveling Emergancy, Which cannot be CC, Knights or Menzel as if not selected they need SANFL game time.

1. Players with a full PS blow pretty hard by last quarter of R1.

2. This is not a normal round 1 as we are moving to a rotation cap so this makes it tougher again.

Whilst I would love to see all those guys play I just think it's too big a risk, and no one will be loving them if we are 18 points up at 3/4 time then get over run in the last with those guys nowhere to be seen

1. Players with a full PS blow pretty hard by last quarter of R1.

2. This is not a normal round 1 as we are moving to a rotation cap so this makes it tougher again.

Whilst I would love to see all those guys play I just think it's too big a risk, and no one will be loving them if we are 18 points up at 3/4 time then get over run in the last with those guys nowhere to be seen

That's how I see it.

Hi crows. Again, some good pre season banter and mutual respect on this board over the long boring summer months. So thanks for that.

I just put $100 on the crows at $2.65. Not because I think you'll win (who the * knows) but because if you do win I want someone to compensate me for my pain.

I think playing Cameron and Atkins would be a mistake given that I assume you'll play crouch. Too hard to run out a game with those 3.

So your definition of brave is picking Cameron and Knight?

Or what exactly is it?

The term gets thrown around a lot here but it seems to be code for pick my favorite player.

I think playing Cameron and Atkins would be a mistake given that I assume you'll play crouch. Too hard to run out a game with those 3.

Atkins did the full pre-season as well as two full NAB games. He also played the SANFL trial so he should be ready to go.

You might be thinking of Knight, who missed the pre-season games due to his ankle injury.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back