Unofficial Preview Round 1: Port Adelaide vs. Fremantle

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Compete I can deal with but beat? Sandi will show what he can do. I don’t need to stick up for him. His game this weekend will speak for itself

He is very competitive against Sandi. I think Sandi is in the best nick he's been in for a couple of years atm though

Port thinking they might have a full list available for round 1...

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-03-19/power-ticking-the-boxes-on-injured-players

Will make it interesting what excuses get rolled out if we manage to beat them.
I don't mind if they choose to play underdone players. The last couple of seasons we have seen our own players like Fyfe, Mundy and Neale come in from interrupted preseasons and they were nowhere near their best for the first couple of months.

I don't mind if they choose to play underdone players. The last couple of seasons we have seen our own players like Fyfe, Mundy and Neale come in from interrupted preseasons and they were nowhere near their best for the first couple of months.
Shhhh - don't give them excuses :p

On paper and at home, Port should be far too strong for us.

They have a very strong midfield of Boak, Rocky, Wines and Ebert but i think we can break even on the midfield battle.

Our defenders have their work cut out for them; wingard, Motlop, Watts, dixon, Westhof and perhaps SPP. Opportunity here is a lot of players who are known for being inconsistent and drifting in and out of games.

Thinking their defence is their weakness and we have a big opportunity to exploit. This seems to me a team focussed totally on offence and will need an offensive game plan, im thinking 15 goals+ needed to win here.

On paper and at home, Port should be far too strong for us.

They have a very strong midfield of Boak, Rocky, Wines and Ebert but i think we can break even on the midfield battle.

Our defenders have their work cut out for them; wingard, Motlop, Watts, dixon, Westhof and perhaps SPP. Opportunity here is a lot of players who are known for being inconsistent and drifting in and out of games.

Thinking their defence is their weakness and we have a big opportunity to exploit. This seems to me a team focussed totally on offence and will need an offensive game plan, im thinking 15 goals+ needed to win here.
We're not kicking 15 goals at Adelaide Oval. Also Port's defense is actually pretty good.

If we win this, it will be a =<12 goal scrap.

Our offence is more an unknown quantity than their defense unfortunately, but happy to be optimistic.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's a win to me if we're competitive and either Banners / Slayer get the Rising Star Nom.

I’m expecting an upset... we gunna win.. pegging this post as a reminder.

Those that think we are aren’t going to win! WTF .... who do you barrack for!

Or is it one of those things where you bet against your team, then are happy if they win... so win, win....

NO .... you barrack for FREO or you don’t... frigging hell... is your second team blue and YELLOW

I’m expecting an upset... we gunna win.. pegging this post as a reminder.

Those that think we are aren’t going to win! WTF .... who do you barrack for!

Or is it one of those things where you bet against your team, then are happy if they win... so win, win....

NO .... you barrack for FREO or you don’t... frigging hell... is your second team blue and YELLOW
Some of us choose to operate in something resembling reality friend. They are far stronger on paper and obviously it is at their home ground.

Our biggest advantage is their relatively poor preparation leading into the season with regards to injury/games into players. We also seem to have an air of quiet confidence that I haven’t felt in a while. The first quarter will set the tone of the match imo. I hope for the sake of our season we are at worst competitive, could be another long one for us if that air of confidence is extinguished in round 1.

Some of the Port players interviews give me a bit of confidence we can give a good showing late in the game if we can stick with them early.

There's a bit of a sense that they're playing with that team on paper without having done the work in the pre-season. Our best chance is to go out with a team that has less "ifs" about getting through a full game that'll begin in 30C plus heat.

Wingard was saying he'd had two hamstring injuries in the pre-season but that he got through half a game against Adelaide and should be good to go.

Boak was talking about how he, Rockcliff and Powell-Pepper had gotten adequate preparation for Round 1 because they completed their match simulation training on the weekend.

Like to see our players turn the tables on PP and test out his shoulder strength early.

Some of the Port players interviews give me a bit of confidence we can give a good showing late in the game if we can stick with them early.

There's a bit of a sense that they're playing with that team on paper without having done the work in the pre-season. Our best chance is to go out with a team that has less "ifs" about getting through a full game that'll begin in 30C plus heat.

Wingard was saying he'd had two hamstring injuries in the pre-season but that he got through half a game against Adelaide and should be good to go.

Boak was talking about how he, Rockcliff and Powell-Pepper had gotten adequate preparation for Round 1 because they completed their match simulation training on the weekend.

Like to see our players turn the tables on PP and test out his shoulder strength early.
Add talk about Polec being sore/injured on their board.
More than half of their midfield is underdone and the forcast 33 degree heat definitely favours our preseason training conditions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back