Unofficial Preview Round 1: Port Adelaide vs. Fremantle

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im not waving the Sutcliffe flag or anything but in that instance the fault lay with Brayshaw, not Sutty.
It was a high risk kick but accurate.Brayshaw was static and the whole thing turned to merde because it was the speedy Jetta who was sweating on the kick being made.

With Banfield, Matera and Ballantyne in the forward half, I think Walters can be a X factor coming through the midfield, even playing off the wing and delivering inside 50m. Fyfe a target for Port and probably Neale too with Ebert and Powell-Pepper likely to try and put the clamps on them at some stage , so we'll still have something extra to throw at them.

Grey is now competing with Banfield as a defensive forward and me thinks Banfield has overtaken him.
One of Sutcliff’s first touches in JLT2 was a turnover kick which was a result of the golden boy not attacking the perfect pass, but BF groupthink has those that are scapegoats & those that are blameless & it gifted the Egirls their first goal.
Sutcliffe played as a midfielder in latter part of season for Peel and when he was recalled to Dockers side for last few games of 2017. Also was a big reason for Peel having a very good finals series as a mid. Should never be played backward of centre.
EFA

Grey is now competing with Banfield as a defensive forward and me thinks Banfield has overtaken him.
One of Sutcliff’s first touches in JLT2 was a turnover kick which gifted the Egirls their first goal.
Sutcliffe played as a midfielder in latter part of season for Peel and when he was recalled to Dockers side for last few games of 2017. Also was a big reason for Peel having a very good finals series as a mid. Should never be played backward of centre.

It was there 2nd goal by Sutcliffe, the first Eagles goal was off a misdirected D Pearce handpass

Rewatch that Sutcliffe kick if you can. The error wasn't the kick, it was Brayshaw who was recieving who stopped and didn't move towards the ball, allowing the WC defender to come over the top.
Im not waving the Sutcliffe flag or anything but in that instance the fault lay with Brayshaw, not Sutty.
Just rewind the play a number of times. Brayshaw could only come one step otherwise he would have been under the ball.

I still think it would have a spoiled anyway.

Kick was high risk, low reward, a lot of hang time, and kick was on the head of Brayshaw.

Thanks mate much appreciated. Is Hill a chance for next week to return?

Based on training this morning I would list Hill as a chance to return this week.

Good luck to Freo on Saturday. Just wandering who out of your best 22 are you missing?

Thanks.

Nick Suban and Zac Clarke

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They’ll be more worried about dropping this than we will. Their fans are up and about with the new recruits and they won’t want to let them down. All this bodes well for us to come with minimal pressure/expectation and get the bickies. Port love a choke and I think it’ll happen again this weekend.

They’ll be more worried about dropping this than we will. Their fans are up and about with the new recruits and they won’t want to let them down. All this bodes well for us to come with minimal pressure/expectation and get the bickies. Port love a choke and I think it’ll happen again this weekend.

They have so much more to lose than us this week. By all measures this should be a win to Port, whereas no one seriously expects us to get it done. That may well play out, but I've got this feeling if we can hold them for 3 quarters we might be able to get home. I mentioned earlier Taberner is critical. If he can hit the ground running and become the focus for their defense it will free up our other 5 forwards to do some damage. I'm also anticipating some serious run and stun from Wilson across half back. I want to see him get the ball inside our defensive 50, ran 20 or 30 metres then kick it direct to Taberner in our forward 50. That quick ball movement could be lethal if he can get it going. He is an attacking weapon in the backline, so their forwards will need to be paying him close attention. C'mon Freo, fly in, get the points, fly out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back