• Pickett

Votes: 32 11.6%
  • Ross

Votes: 1 0.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You should only bag the umpires after a win. Doing it after a loss (or draw) just sounds like a loser's excuse.
You jerk. When was the last time Floggingwood finished last on the free kick differential five years in a row. Some of us here are frankly sick of it. Meanwhile your mob get sucked off week in week out. MYOFB.

if theyre fit id bring in Sonsie,Cumberland,Sampson & Clarke this week and rest Jack,Cotch and ommitt Mansell and Ross
going FWD the 4 coming in are hopefully going to form a bond on their way to future premierships so time to start playing them in the same team
along with Gibcus when he returns

if we lose against the crows with trent,jack,ross and mansell playing u may as well start planning for 2024,ok maybe thats a tad drastic but would the harsh reality be more obvious if we lose n cotch n jack are in the team ?
id rest them to protect them,we couldnt beat the crows with em in the team last year so maybe change it up this time round
Rest Jack and Cotchin after 1 week? Not a chance that's happening.

Would not be surprised at all if we went in with no change but I'm hoping Ryan comes in and one of Clarke and Sonsie come in for Ross and Mansell. Given Dimma said Cumberland needs to work on some things I can't see him coming in just yet but he'll get his turn soon.

You should only bag the umpires after a win. Doing it after a loss (or draw) just sounds like a loser's excuse.
Easy to say when you always win the free kick count?

You wouldn’t know how it feels to always be on the opposite side of things. And I mean, always.

Don’t use the “Richmond style” as a reason either please, you took two of our ex-coaches and adopted a very very similar game style, yet free kicks still abound for the Black and White.

You jerk. When was the last time Floggingwood finished last on the free kick differential five years in a row. Some of us here are frankly sick of it. Meanwhile your mob get sucked off week in week out. MYOFB.
What people don't realise is that we acknowledge we give away free kicks, it's what we don't get in comparison to other teams is what drives us insane and has us bottom of the differential year in year out.

Rest Jack and Cotchin after 1 week? Not a chance that's happening.

Would not be surprised at all if we went in with no change but I'm hoping Ryan comes in and one of Clarke and Sonsie come in for Ross and Mansell. Given Dimma said Cumberland needs to work on some things I can't see him coming in just yet but he'll get his turn soon.

If Cumbo comes in this week then Dimma was talking out of his backside in the press conference. There's no way he will play but keeping Mansell would be stupid. Sorry to be harsh on Mansell but I just dont see it with this guy.

If Cumbo comes in this week then Dimma was talking out of his backside in the press conference. There's no way he will play but keeping Mansell would be stupid. Sorry to be harsh on Mansell but I just dont see it with this guy.
Clarke or Sonz could come in no worries at all both know where the sticks are.

Too many inside mids in last weeks side imho.
Taranto, Hopper inclusions are great, but let’s get the balance right. Games are being won with fast ball movement and entry inside f50.

Too many inside mids in last weeks side imho.
Taranto, Hopper inclusions are great, but let’s get the balance right. Games are being won with fast ball movement and entry inside f50.
You’d think the focus would be on cleaning up those entries ,, 61 for only 7G needs work ,, if you think a 10% improvement meant + 5-6 marks i50 resulting in shots on goal ,, we win that every day of the week

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You’d think the focus would be on cleaning up those entries ,, 61 for only 7G needs work ,, if you think a 10% improvement meant + 5-6 marks i50 resulting in shots on goal ,, we win that every day of the week
Out chaos ball
In clean entry
If you are going to have elite talent ie Dusty, Shai, Lynch inside the f50 give it to them on a plate. You’ve got to get the ball in the right hands though.

Very simplistic way of looking at it. Not saying he will keep his spot but the coaches will be using the film of what he did off the ball to justify selecting him. A 100 metre spring off the ball to force the opposition to use a different option or have to go back over their mark doesn't get recorded with any stat but if this is what Mansell was doing then he will have played his role.

Personally I was happy he was selected on the basis of last years team selection during the the last third of the season lacked any planning. Mansell likely isn't the answer but its good that the coaching staff is trying to address what was a massive issue in the run home last season.
Thank * someone's said this.

Mansell isn't the answer, he's the stop-gap for until Cumbo learns his role in the team isn't to be Dusty - yet.

We dropped Shai Bolton in 2020 to learn a midfielder's role, he missed the Melbourne game (Jake Aarts debut!). Not to say we didn't rate him - he just needed to learn how to play guts.

Shithouse. He does that more than he doesn't.

However, some people honestly trying to tell me that picking Mansell was some strategic master plan by Dimma are fools. We may as well have played 1 player short.
Well he is the coach with a proven record with similar team setup as what the Pies are copying. I might add.
But hey what would Dimma know.lol

The fact that the Blues had Saad on Mansell shows they rated him highly, they thought he would be a channel to the forward line.
It was great anticipation by Mansell to lead and take the crucial mark, he outpaced Saad in the running contest.
We had 21 more inside 50s, 66-45, and failed to convert, lack of polish like Dimma said.

The fact that the Blues had Saad on Mansell shows they rated him highly, they thought he would be a channel to the forward line.
It was great anticipation by Mansell to lead and take the crucial mark, he outpaced Saad in the running contest.
We had 21 more inside 50s, 66-45, and failed to convert, lack of polish like Dimma said.
Lol Saad wasn't on Mansell. It was the other way around.

When we got that run on early in the third I was giddy with excitement.
When it all clicks for us for extended periods we are going to be very difficult to stop.

So much upside.

Clearly we all agree that we lacked polish to cash in on our dominance and inside 50's - frustrating as hell as that was a 30 - 40 point win that passed us by...

Where does this polish come from though - Pie's, Demons and Swans - hell even Port Power seemed to have it straight away?

Were we more underdone than they all were?
or are we really still bedding in a couple of key mids and a change to our preferred game style?
or are we a 6th to 8th team this year?

Clearly we all agree that we lacked polish to cash in on our dominance and inside 50's - frustrating as hell as that was a 30 - 40 point win that passed us by...

Where does this polish come from though - Pie's, Demons and Swans - hell even Port Power seemed to have it straight away?

Were we more underdone than they all were?
or are we really still bedding in a couple of key mids and a change to our preferred game style?
or are we a 6th to 8th team this year?

Round 1 you don’t want to be at full throttle. These teams had it but against inferior opposition. These teams also won’t get much better. We have 5 months to get the polish. Just keep winning enough games. Dees were flying this time last year before capitulating.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back