Preview Round 1 Preview : Hawthorn v Essendon, 7.40pm Sat 20th March, Marvel Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kinda hoping for an injury then?

Not at all. There are always injuries during the game and the players continue to play with them.

Vlaustin could have played on but was subbed off with a corkie. When Ross came on he spent his time in the midfield, not in the backline. It was a strategic move by Hardwick.

Will be interesting who we pick - touch wood they’re not needed whoever it is. I wonder whether they’d use a debutant as the sub. Imagine the nerves on a young bloke sitting there wondering if he’ll get on or not
Start a kid and if the run out of gas bring on Burgs when the pace has dropped off

Don’t understand the lack of confidence to be honest - ignoring the flogs in the media, I reckon that last year’s performance was an aberration and it appears that the young guys have materially added to the talent and energy across the team relative to last year.

Or perhaps I just can’t stand the scum and can’t fathom anything other than a 10 goal smashing.
I agree. Early during preseason some senior players admitted they struggled with the hubs. Of course they couldn't say this during the season...
I'm very optimistic these same guys will have real fire in the belly Saturday night. We'll see their intent in the first 20 minutes.

Not at all. There are always injuries during the game and the players continue to play with them.

Vlaustin could have played on but was subbed off with a corkie. When Ross came on he spent his time in the midfield, not in the backline. It was a strategic move by Hardwick.

I don't completely subscribe to this. Vlaustin is one of their most important players and Ross is fringe at best.

I'd have to believe you wouldn't make that call as a coach unless it was necessary.

I don't completely subscribe to this. Vlaustin is one of their most important players and Ross is fringe at best.

I'd have to believe you wouldn't make that call as a coach unless it was necessary.

Ross probably directly resulted in 2-3 of their last quarter goals. Even though he's not a clear 22 player and Vlastuin is, the impact he had was very, very high.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watching the phone call videos, loved Kosi's mum going straight for the potentially embarrassing by calling him a beautiful talented boy.

Connor's mum just being 100% practical and showing very little excitement.

Watching the phone call videos, loved Kosi's mum going straight for the potentially embarrassing by calling him a beautiful talented boy.

Connor's mum was just like the rest of us and knew this was a formality and wanted to know if Brockman was debuting too. Connor's mum is clearly an avid Bigfooty reader.

From the game against North, do we think Bramble, Nash, Howe and Hanrahan are the ones to miss with Mitchell, Jager, Breust and Scrimshaw to return?

Bramble, Nash, Howe, Hanrahan and O'Brien Out
Mitchell, Jaeger, Bruest, Scrimshaw and Lewis In

All the language post the North game was that Lewis would be playing Round 1

From the game against North, do we think Bramble, Nash, Howe and Hanrahan are the ones to miss with Mitchell, Jager, Breust and Scrimshaw to return?
Yep I think so. Lewis to miss as they will go with Obrien

Scrim is no guarantee based on the fact he hasn’t played a game but he could still easily play given he has fully recovered and is reasonably experienced. As for the rest, I can see Howe and hanrahan playing but who really knows at whose expense it would be. 😂

And asking if Brockie is playing.

I love this so much. Start of a new generation. Pumped

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back