Shield Round 1: Queensland vs Tasmania, Karen Rolton Oval, Oct.7-10. 11 am AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

What kinda track would we have had staying in Brisbane. Another flat suburban one dont mind betting. Footy season over so why are we not playing at major cricket venues.

Tassie's only true chance of a win was when they had Bulls 4/190 but one of Australia's next openers Bryce Street put paid to that.
I actually don't mind secondary venues, but would prefer them outside capital cities - preferably when international players are available so a few people outside the major centres get to see top players first hand. But so few states have venues that meet the modern(ish) requirements of a FC venue.

As for footy season being over, it takes time to get pitches ready. The SANFL GF was only a week ago so Adelaide Oval is presumably not close to ready for professional cricket.

Disappointing. I saw Khawaja had a crack at Tassie but I can understand why they did it. The wicket was that dull that a sporting declaration was only ever going to give one side a chance and that was Queensland. Even if they lost early wickets going hard the pitch was that lifeless they would have been easily able to dig in for the draw.

At least Paine isn't the worst Tasmanian captain anymore.

Disappointing. I saw Khawaja had a crack at Tassie but I can understand why they did it. The wicket was that dull that a sporting declaration was only ever going to give one side a chance and that was Queensland. Even if they lost early wickets going hard the pitch was that lifeless they would have been easily able to dig in for the draw.

The nightwatchman for Tassie batted for over 5 hours on the pitch for the match. Would have needed two days to take the 10 wickets to win.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back