Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drewie11

Premium Platinum
Oct 15, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
Why do people complain about this game so much when there’s literally another relatively good game on the next day?

“We’ve waited 6 month”. Skip the game and wait for one day. Not hard.

Why is so bad to want a game of high quality for the season opener considering everyone has waited 6 months?

Feb 23, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
New York Jets
A packed out stadium in Perth with 60k, with west coast getting the premiership flag out would be more enjoyable to watch and have better atmosphere than 80k at the mcg wouldn’t it ?

Not if they are playing Gold Coast lol.
But I agree with your point, let the Premiers open the season, I'm all for a GF rematch but if not, then Premiers vs a good team.

Drewie11

Premium Platinum
Oct 15, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
Not if they are playing Gold Coast lol.
But I agree with your point, let the Premiers open the season, I'm all for a GF rematch but if not, then Premiers vs a good team.

I think the grand final rematch is perfect, some supporters can’t get to the grand final so this would be a good way to get a massive crowd for the premiership winning team.

Coaster2012

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 10, 2012
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Manchester City, Lakers
The opening game of the season should not be a 4 points winning bye for the Tigers.

I doubt I will watch it. There is only so much savage fun one can get from watching blue witches' hats.

Of course some team will always get a free kick four points in the opening round, but why the Tigers?

Why not fixture the first round around where teams finished up at the end of the previous season? This would mean the Blues playing the GoCo, Pies v West Coast etc.

FWIW, I would be happy to watch the GoCo play the Blues in the opener. It would also help interest in and membership of both struggling Clubs.

You doubt you will watch the opening match of the AFL season?

Dude, why are you even on here? I hate both sides but nothing is getting in the way of me watching opening night of Thursday Footy. Just to see how much Carlton have improved and to see how Lynch goes up forward is worth it. That alone should be enough for any fan of footy.

And Pies v WC? so you would have the GF replay on the opening day when skills are historically poor? Why would the AFL waste a prime game for the opening match when people will watch it anyway? Anyone in their right mind would prefer see that match a month in when both teams are back mentally and playing top level footy.

Oh well. Suit yourself.

Last edited:
Feb 6, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
I think the grand final rematch is perfect, some supporters can’t get to the grand final so this would be a good way to get a massive crowd for the premiership winning team.

You couldnt even sell out your Grand Final rematch at Adelaide oval. It was round 2 and your first home game in 2018.

So much for that theory. Cant wait for ANZAC day to come around and all the geniuses come out stating that that should be the Grand Final rematch too. If Bigfooty had its way every round would feature the Grand Final rematch.

Drewie11

Premium Platinum
Oct 15, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
You couldnt even sell out your Grand Final rematch at Adelaide oval. It was round 2 and your first home game in 2018.

So much for that theory. Cant wait for ANZAC day to come around and all the geniuses come out stating that that should be the Grand Final rematch too. If Bigfooty had its way every round would feature the Grand Final rematch.

If you can’t understand what I am writing then it’s probably best to sit it out.

Richmond would have hosted the first game of 2018 v the Crows at the MCG. Not sure how you couldn’t follow that.... too emotional I think

Would that have sold out at the MCG? Yes of course it would have

Last edited:
Feb 6, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
We didn’t win the premiership king chrome, would Richmond V Crows first game of 2018 at the MCG sold out when Richmond were unveiling the premiership flag? I’ll answer for you, s**t yes it would have

So much for that theory? You can’t even understand what I am writing, way too emotional

Youve started the preview thread 6 weeks out due to your desperation to talk down Carltons chances. Carlton is the centre of a Crows fans universe right now. You mob should ease up a bit, Ports gonna get jealous soon.

Isaac Cumming No 1

Cancelled
10k Posts
Mar 28, 2018
AFL Club
GWS
Why do people complain about this game so much when there’s literally another relatively good game on the next day?

“We’ve waited 6 month”. Skip the game and wait for one day. Not hard.
I dont really get it either.

To me it's no big deal if the season starts at the G in Melbourne. It is the home of footy. If Melbourne clubs want to fight over who should play it's a matter for them.

The Sunday prevening game is my focus of course, and it's at Spotless this year which is great.

Drewie11

Premium Platinum
Oct 15, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
Youve started the preview thread 6 weeks out due to your desperation to talk down Carltons chances. Carlton is the centre of a Crows fans universe right now. You mob should ease up a bit, Ports gonna get jealous soon.

Don’t kid yourself, Carlton will never reach the level of hatred the Crows have for Port.

Is there a time when I can start a thread. There was a thread started in August for 2019 ladder predictions, have you posted in that one?

I normally wouldn’t have a big issue with this game but I think this year will be it’s last time. Richmond are miles ahead of Carlton and have added 1 of the best tall forwards in the competition. It’s not impossible that Richmond win by over 100 points considering how unlucky Carlton has been this preseason.

Feb 6, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
Don’t kid yourself, Carlton will never reach the level of hatred the Crows have for Port.

Is there a time when I can start a thread. There was a thread started in August for 2019 ladder predictions, have you posted in that one?

I normally wouldn’t have a big issue with this game but I think this year will be it’s last time. Richmond are miles ahead of Carlton and have added 1 of the best tall forwards in the competition. It’s not impossible that Richmond win by over 100 points considering how unlucky Carlton has been this preseason.

I wonder how much of this is hope and how much is objective analysis. As for your rivalry, Port is all but a forgotten ex with Carlton being the flavour of the month. Your club board has a thread for discusding Port achieving only 60 pages thus far. Your thread about Carlton has 175 pages. Its pretty obvious how thirsty you lot are.

You lot are paying closer attention to our training sessions and media articles than we are. Youve created this thread because why? Are you actually interested in Richmond v Carlton games or are you looking to pot Carlton? You think theyll win by 100 points. Great. Few in this thread share that view. Dont get upset because your desperation to be right doesnt get supported.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

JayJ20

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 28, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Why is so bad to want a game of high quality for the season opener considering everyone has waited 6 months?
The season opener is literally just a regular game played on a weeknight. First game of round 1. All it is. It's not like the season opener happens a week or two weeks before the season.

Wait a day and you'll see something else.

Drewie11

Premium Platinum
Oct 15, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
I wonder how much of this is hope and how much is objective analysis. As for your rivalry, Port is all but a forgotten ex with Carlton being the flavour of the month. Your club board has a thread for discusding Port achieving only 60 pages thus far. Your thread about Carlton has 175 pages. Its pretty obvious how thirsty you lot are.

You lot are paying closer attention to our training sessions and media articles than we are. Youve created this thread because why? Are you actually interested in Richmond v Carlton games or are you looking to pot Carlton? You think theyll win by 100 points. Great. Few in this thread share that view. Dont get upset because your desperation to be right doesnt get supported.

I started the thread because I think this will be the last game between these 2 as an opener. Carlton have been unlucky with injuries again this preseason so I think it will be a boring game. I hope it is competitive but my opinion is it’s going to be a blow out

I want to watch good games of football, the opening game of the season would be great if it was a great game.

As for the Adelaide board, of course the thread about Carlton is going nuts, we have Carlton’s first and Second round picks. You guys have been unlucky with injuries so it’s giving Crows supporters things to talk about considering they have a vested interest. Just like your how low can the crow go thread. Stop being so precious, it is the off season and we are discussing the first game of the season that will be upon us in 42 which won’t feel like long after AFLX and the JLt

Blue1980

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 9, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Arsenal
It was only 5 seasons ago that the Blues would always beat us, the problem was we were so crap. One year both teams will be on the up and it will be like the good old days

From 09-12 we were the much better side and people complained as it was boring we won easily all the time.

2013 was the only year in the past decade where both sides made the finals, and even then we relied on Essendon’s doping program to make it.

Testament to the rivalry and supporter base of both clubs that it draws so much no matter what

Feb 6, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
I started the thread because I think this will be the last game between these 2 as an opener. Carlton have been unlucky with injuries again this preseason so I think it will be a boring game. I hope it is competitive but my opinion is it’s going to be a blow out

I want to watch good games of football, the opening game of the season would be great if it was a great game.

Except that wasnt the premise of the thread. You didnt want to discuss who should be opening the season you wanted to discuss best 22s what could impact the result 6 weeks out.

You need to come to grips with your reality and accept Crows fans are living and breathing Navy Blue. You hope its a blow out, but historically these games havent blown out to 150 points. They are generally competitive and good value for neutrals. You want a blow out and you are presenting as someone who based their opinion on emotion rather than hard evidence.

Drewie11

Premium Platinum
Oct 15, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
Except that wasnt the premise of the thread. You didnt want to discuss who should be opening the season you wanted to discuss best 22s what could impact the result 6 weeks out.

You need to come to grips with your reality and accept Crows fans are living and breathing Navy Blue. You hope its a blow out, but historically these games havent blown out to 150 points. They are generally competitive and good value for neutrals. You want a blow out and you are presenting as someone who based their opinion on emotion rather than hard evidence.

It’s in the first sentence that the “usual grand final teams games”. You are just looking for an argument and twice now don’t actually read anything

If you don’t like the thread then leave. It’s pretty simple.

Feb 6, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
It’s in the first sentence that the “usual grand final teams games”. You are just looking for an argument and twice now don’t actually read anything

If you want to discuss who should and shouldnt be playing the season opener then start a thread on it. This is the preview thread. Look, its got the preview tag and e'erything. Thread is for discussing the game and predictions not whether or not it should be scheduled.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back