AFLW Round 1: Richmond vs Brisbane, Swinburne Centre, 2:10pm AEDT

Remove this Banner Ad

Joining this forum doesn't define being bandwagoner that's for sure. It's only one of many forums. Am a long and proud member. But this is not a competition between who has the longest whatever. If you donated a gajillion dollars and have lined your walls with certificates, it doesn't give you or me the right to say:

"Woman's team should be taken off the membership cards and website decor until they earn their guernsey." says Tzatziki Man​
You said it - try suggesting to anyone at the Club - that's incredibly damning. My comments here are purely about what you have said about the Richmond AFLW team. If your understanding is that I called you a fairweather supporter period, then please understand that is wrong. You have as much right to an opinion on the AFLW, but if it rubs up other loyal supporters, you have to expect some push back. Not only have the girls earned the right to wear the Richmond jumper - NEWSFLASH - they are also being paid to wear it. So carry on about it and call people names if you must, but nothing you have suggested is going to change it.
Isn't one of our players Skinny Titus; grandkid or something? Deep connection to the club there.

Look I hope we can all channel our inner Tommy Hafeys and will these kids to be playing like wounded tigers

So games like the infamous Gasper getting dropped against Geelong and losing by 20 goals and not trying didn’t hurt the brand and embarrassed the guernsey.
Ive seen much worse performances by male Richmond players than what the females had yesterday.
By the way, hate to deal in facts, but Richmond kicked the only goal of the second quarter year day and WON THE QUARTER!
We don't have to go too far back to Gary Abblett & Jason Dunstall kicked record bags against us. The number of times I went to Round 1 to see Carlton smash us by 100 points.
Results like Geelong 35.20. vs RFC 9.11.
I agree, perspective please

Isn't one of our players Skinny Titus; grandkid or something? Deep connection to the club there.

Look I hope we can all channel our inner Tommy Hafeys and will these kids to be playing like wounded tigers

29 year old Sarah D'arcy

D’Arcy was recruited to Richmond from Collingwood in the 2020 sign and trade period to bolster the Tigers defence. D’Arcy is a strong defender with excellent aerial ability and football nous, she arrives at Tigerland with four years of AFLW experience. D’Arcy is a life-long Richmond supporter and relative of Tiger legend Jack Titus.

Thought she went OK for most of the match - made a few mistakes but is coming to terms with a new group, who if anyone has played would know, it can take a few games if not a whole season sometimes to feel a part of a new group.

Last edited:
Bit surprised there is just the one change - might have more to do with availability than anything else.

IN: Maddy Brancatisano

OUT: Luka Lesosky-Hay (omitted)

EMG: Sarah Sansonetti (18), Laura McClelland (16)

Is melbourne much stronger than Brisbane? Can we least hope to be competitive for 2-3 quarters like last week or gonna get real ugly?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back