Round 1 Rising Star Nomination

Remove this Banner Ad

Nanverkis was named first ruck therefore you can conclude that the stats guy was a tigers supporter. He wasn't even the best ruck in that game let alone best of the round. He was well beaten in the ruck and around the ground.

It makes the Butler selection questionable.

If I recall correctly isn't the team of the week based on fantasy points, or am I imagining things?

Nanverkis was named first ruck therefore you can conclude that the stats guy was a tigers supporter. He wasn't even the best ruck in that game let alone best of the round. He was well beaten in the ruck and around the ground.

That's not how it works.

Really liked Milera's game, Butler played a decent one too. However, SPP's goals came at absolutely crucial moments (and honestly, were flashy) and he competed in a contested game against the best contested side in recent memory. I would have been surprised if he didn't win it this week.

Milera was fantastic. Him or SPP would be deserved recipients.
SPP will get it.

Having said that, I hope Milera gets just for the meltdown on ghe Port board...

SPP will get it.

Having said that, I hope Milera gets just for the meltdown on ghe Port board...

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-03-27/powerful-port-mids-instant-impact-earns-rising-star-nod

giphy-2_zpsbhwh5j9t.gif

Kruzer was by far the better ruckman. Not sure how Nankervis, who still had a decent game, was picked ahead of him. Kruzer was the reason you were hanging around like a bad smell.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well played SPP. Well deserved.
And I expect that Butler and Castagna will pick up a nom in the next couple of weeks.

Pick 18 actually after academy pick matches.

Plenty of port supporters were big on picking up spp if he slid to our pick, but was certain wc would take him

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app
I had him on my list on what players I wanted the crows to pick with their first pick
I had him, Gallucci, Venables & Berry. I wasn't fussed who we picked out of those guys but now with the Crows midfield issues we should have taken SPP.. who is ready made. same as last year.. I was dumfounded how Bonner slid to that pick when port got him.. yet we picked up Doedee.

Seen Jack Silvagni is $51.. Very good odds I reckon, kid will play 22 games and kick 40 goals.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back