Autopsy Round 1, Season 2020. Essendon vs Fremantle

Maurice Mitchell

All Australian
Aug 25, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool
To ruin your fantasy team. It's a big conspiracy against you, the grand plan is for him to play like a spud until you trade him before returning to form taking 15 intercept marks and have 30+ disposals.
I wasn't taking it that personally, but his role looked important in the pre-season and Longmuir's style seemed to be high possession. I guess the 16 min quarters leaves us all in the dark.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maurice Mitchell

All Australian
Aug 25, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool
Don’t think he had a great pre season. Not as fit. Look at Hughes vs Ryan.
Will take a while to get going, if we have a season this year.
Cheers

He impressed in the first Marsh game: 26 disp, 8 marks, 580+ metres gained; 100 metres more than the next best on ground. Then late out due to soreness in the second. I suppose that is a possible explanation.

FreoRicci

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 22, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Washington Wizards
Cheers

He impressed in the first Marsh game: 26 disp, 8 marks, 580+ metres gained; 100 metres more than the next best on ground. Then late out due to soreness in the second. I suppose that is a possible explanation.
Was telling, looked rusty and probably just 5% unfit. But even if at slightly 5-10% rusty, players get shown up at AFL level.
Watch Hughes as our spare defender. He’s good value tbh. Underrated mark, racks up the tackles and can get a few disposals.

Top Bottom