Shield Round 1: September 24-27, 2021. South Australia v Western Australia. Karen Rolton Oval, Adelaide.

Remove this Banner Ad

Pope might do better if he had a captain that didn't continually mistreat him. His confidence must be rock bottom.

I have no idea why Head rates his own bowling so highly, the stats speak for themselves. Give it up.
18 pointless overs

Pope Bowled 7 overs for the day as a front line spinner

18 pointless overs

Pope Bowled 7 overs for the day as a front line spinner
Will point to his ER

Well yeah, your first half a dozen were to unsettled batsmen and didn't trouble them at all.

20 Shield tons for Shaun Marsh, 8 of them against the Redbacks including three in three games at Karen Rolton Oval

Came in here to post this, I always feel like Shaun Marsh dominates Shield cricket but it's probably just my perception as a Redbacks fan.

I seriously cbf even watching this stuff anymore, same s**t different year, hate these games at suburban grounds. Well not really suburban but you get what I mean.

Someone at CA needs to sit Head down and force him to watch his nude ‘off spin’ on repeat until he gets the picture. Shocking bowler and to bowl 18 on Day 1 is just letting the opposition play themselves into the game under no pressure

Surely there's some sort of simulator where he can face himself bowling, that should get the message home. Playing 2 dud spinners and him is a recipe for disaster. Doggett/Mennie can't come back quick enough.

Philippe adding hurt to the Spiders. This guy's timing of his drives is exquisite.

Good plan by Grant foiled with short leg spilling a tuffie.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ah yes good start by Shaun and cam …good to see josh continue on his good form with the bat from the one day game .. get to his hundred and declare that’s the plan for me

Hilarious passage there

Rocchicioli edges to slip off Pope, dropped.

Batters take off for a single. Kerber at point sprints in and falls flat on his back trying to pick up the ball. Wild throw. Rocchicioli falls over trying to make his ground. Safe.

Goes down as a single

Hopeless running again from Weatherald.

Should have been an easy single.

Didn't back up, slow taking off. Then stuffed up his bat slide so that it stuck in the ground short of the crease. Luckily the throw missed.

Just an absolute amateur. No awareness, concentration or care and he's been like this for years.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back