Preview Round 1, 2018: St.Kilda v Brisbane - Etihad Stadium, Saturday 24th March, 3:35PM AEDT

Who Wins?

• Saints

Votes: 163 83.2%
  • Lions

Votes: 33 16.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's hardly made it onto the ground since then, I still reckon he was a very good player and that usually doesn't disappear completely. I wouldn't be too over confident. I can see us dropping this one if we kick poorly on goal again. Brisbane haven't had this many senior stars together for ages. Beams is borderline elite when fit, Zorko is elite, Martin is a very good ruckman who hurts with his around the ground game and will hold his own against most in the actual ruck dual. Rich is a very high level player and so is Robinson when fit, Hodge also gives a leadership role on field. I think their senior players are a of higher quality than ours.

I reckon the only way we have the better of them is home ground advantage and that our youth is a bit more advanced. I hope we haven't put in a young team so we have excuses if we don't win.
well this game will tell if our youth have taken a step forward - i'm hoping so

As others have mentioned, it's the BALANCE of our rnd 1 lineup that is important. It's not a conservative side and Richo deserves a little credit here.

Stoked to see Long named.
must agree , good to see new blood in the team - i wasn't expecting long in the squad , expecting richo to pick the usual players , but he didn't so good on richo for have a go at changing our set up - give these kids a chance and they may show us something that we didn't think we had.

must agree , good to see new blood in the team - i wasn't expecting long in the squad , expecting richo to pick the usual players , but he didn't so good on richo for have a go at changing our set up - give these kids a chance and they may show us something that we didn't think we had.

I reckon if Stuv doesn't play we lose this one. I have completely lost my nerve.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mate I hope the players become the players who we all think they will be. But expectations are high. Numerous comments about our best being good enough . numerous comments are that we want to play finals. So the expectation is from within the club. The media will roast us if we fail.

Failed rebuild. No stars. Sack the coach. glory be me it will be brutal
i dont think we will be the big story even if we miss the finals ... Collingwood missing the finals and being bottom 4 will dominate the media WCE being bottom 4 will make a bit of noise here in the west .. but if the saints finish 9th then i doubt anyone will make a big fuss in the media

You Brisbane Lions people are a breath of fresh air floating through here compared to the usual f@#kwit opposition supporters that spit their dribble. Good luck tomorrow and your season :D

We live to give* :)

*barring premiership points

I'm nervous about this game. You just know that Fagan and Hodge are going to combine for an inspirational, unexpected victory at some point in the first month or so. Please let it not be against us.
These things are always against us

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back