Preview Round 1 - St Kilda v Melbourne, Saturday March 25th, 4:35pm, Etihad Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

My Mrs is Canadian and just could not believe it when I told her they stopped for morning tea in cricket. And lunch. And afternoon tea too!
I once met a german backpacker who couldn't get over the fact that one single match went for five days.

He sought clarification that it wasnt a tournament with multiple teams, but one single game with just two teams.

I once met a german backpacker who couldn't get over the fact that one single match went for five days.

He sought clarification that it wasnt a tournament with multiple teams, but one single game with just two teams.
Her favourite part of football is watching the boundary umpire throw the ball in... Second favourite is watching the goal umpires. Safe to say I haven't converted her.

Her favourite part of football is watching the boundary umpire throw the ball in... Second favourite is watching the goal umpires. Safe to say I haven't converted her.
My wife is German.

Her favourite player is Tomahawk. She hums the club song in the middle of summer. And she loves screaming out 'Dangerfield' for no real reason.

Winner winner.

Anyone see the rumours on the Saints board about a possible late out for them? Only read the last page of the thread; hard to say if it's BS
Yeah saw that. Apparently it's a player who is considered best 22 for them and isn't a key position player. Won't be long until we find out who it is or whether it's true.

Would be surprised if Hannan plays. Would rather sit ANB forward if its a choice. Still, what do I know. I've not seen him play since he got to the club.

B: Jayden Hunt, Tom McDonald, Joel Smith

HB: Bernie Vince, Oscar McDonald, Jake Melksham

C: Jordan Lewis, Jack Viney, Billy Stretch

HF: Christian Petracca, Jesse Hogan, Angus Brayshaw

F: Alex Neal-Bullen, Sam Weideman, Jeff Garlett

Foll: Max Gawn, Nathan Jones, Clayton Oliver

I/C: Neville Jetta, Christian Salem, Jack Watts, Mitch Hannan

Emg: Tom Bugg, James Harmes, Jake Spencer

So looks like we're much more concerned about ensuring we have a match fit team than selecting as close to our best 22 as we can. Disappointing but I suppose if Kent and Tyson aren't right we could be hindered anyway.

Haven't been able to find StKildas team but I expect they will be much harder favourites now. ANB, Smith, and Hannan all feel like third or fourth choices for their position imo.

B: Jayden Hunt, Tom McDonald, Joel Smith

HB: Bernie Vince, Oscar McDonald, Jake Melksham

C: Jordan Lewis, Jack Viney, Billy Stretch

HF: Christian Petracca, Jesse Hogan, Angus Brayshaw

F: Alex Neal-Bullen, Sam Weideman, Jeff Garlett

Foll: Max Gawn, Nathan Jones, Clayton Oliver

I/C: Neville Jetta, Christian Salem, Jack Watts, Mitch Hannan

Emg: Tom Bugg, James Harmes, Jake Spencer
I think I'm probably happy with that team.

Glad we didn't bring in Spencer. There's pace and enough height in there. 2nd ruck remains a concern but Gawn has shown he can handle a full game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think I'm probably happy with that team.

Glad we didn't bring in Spencer. There's pace and enough height in there. 2nd ruck remains a concern but Gawn has shown he can handle a full game.

Honestly reckon we throw Smith in there. Decent size, has the leap of his old man, and don't need him locking down the backline all day like we do with the McDonalds.

Alright Wallsy

If it were up to me every player would be given a run in the ruck.

The AFL banned third man ups, but what about fourth, fifth and sixth man ups??

No Tyson is the right call, needs fitness. Kent we knew.

I like the Hannan curveball. Watts as pinch hit. Got a feeling Trac might cause some headaches given the forward line.

2 sleeps!!

No Tyson is the right call, needs fitness. Kent we knew.

I like the Hannan curveball. Watts as pinch hit. Got a feeling Trac might cause some headaches given the forward line.

2 sleeps!!

Petracca will out mark any 4th defender

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back