Preview Round 1 - St Kilda v Melbourne, Saturday March 25th, 4:35pm, Etihad Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly.

Saints have gone small too. Be interesting to see who takes Weid.

Guessing either Gilbert or Roberton... both are 2 cms shorter though

Guessing either Gilbert or Roberton... both are 2 cms shorter though
I expect Brown will take Hogan, Carlisle to Weid, Gilbert (194cm) or Roberton (194cm) to Watts and probably Gilbert or Roberton to Petracca- although it wouldn't shock me if any of Geary, Webster or Savage went to him either, but the other two have the height on him.

Looking over your team it looks like you've picked a lot of "runners", so it will be interesting to see if that works better for you. Could be a lot of end-to-end running!

All the best for it and hopefully no injuries for either team. :thumbsu:

He's really the beneficiary of Tyson being short of a run, but he's definitely earned the right to be the next picked midfielder. I hope he has 25 and kicks 2
Geelong 2015-style freakish snaps. Calling it now.

Not impressed with selection. Why is Hannah playing? Can we really carry weideman? He'll need to kick 3 to justify being selected because he does nothing else.

At least we sobered up and omitted spencer.

Why is watts playing off the bench?

Why is melksham in the side at all?

Not impressed with selection. Why is Hannah playing? Can we really carry weideman? He'll need to kick 3 to justify being selected because he does nothing else.

At least we sobered up and omitted spencer.

Why is watts playing off the bench?

Why is melksham in the side at all?
Weed plays because we got no other talls, we need a third tall other than watts and hogan

I love seeing Lewis named on ball and not on a wing/half back.
See I feel like that's a bit of a waste. I'm very confident in the "home grown" on ball brigade. What I'm not happy with is our flankers, particularly our decision making and kicking off half back. That's where I'd have started Lewis.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

See I feel like that's a bit of a waste. I'm very confident in the "home grown" on ball brigade. What I'm not happy with is our flankers, particularly our decision making and kicking off half back. That's where I'd have started Lewis.
That is what we recruited Melksham to do, whether we like it or not. Lewis might rotate back there anyway.

Saints board up and about for good reason. They have picked a much stronger team than us. Only way we win is if they don't turn up or Goodwin pulls out some brilliant coaching masterstroke.

Goodwin sure likes his rangey, springy, raking-kick types - see Melky, Smith and Hannan.

We will see how it plays out but at least he's trying something new

Cant believe the Melts. The team looks pretty well rounded to me.

Watched Hannan in the VFL finals. Kid is a gun and I have no doubt he can have an impact at AFL level. Neal Bullen has had a good pre season and JLT series. The amount of players we have named that can go through the middle is awesome and Brayshaw, Petracca and Garlett should put a lot of pressure on down forward with some help from the mids.

I must be looking at the wrong team, you guys sound like we've named Terlich, Bail, Blease and Matt Jones.

Dees by 23
The mad is amazing. I'm excited.

Also ready to lose my s**t at the Melk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back