Preview Round 1: St.Kilda vs Melbourne March 25 4.35pm @ Etihad

Seriously has Riewoldt ever played a poor game against us? I know we've been a rabble for a big chunk of his career but it's still absolutely ridiculous.
Round 17. Riewoldt had a bad game i reckon. Good thing Membrey stepped up

Russian Demon

Premiership Player
Mar 26, 2015
AFL Club
Melbourne
Seriously has Riewoldt ever played a poor game against us? I know we've been a rabble for a big chunk of his career but it's still absolutely ridiculous.

Could we get Tommy Mac to basically tag him.... he's about the only one i can think of who has the running ability to keep up. Teach him how to be a dirty bastard and scrag him all game

Could we get Tommy Mac to basically tag him.... he's about the only one i can think of who has the running ability to keep up. Teach him how to be a dirty bastard and scrag him all game

Have Jordan Lewis and Tom Bugg play a tag team on him. He might kick 10 goals but he won't have any functioning kidneys left by the end of the game.

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
Are you going to argue for the inclusion of Garland?
I don't think I have ever really argued as such for the inclusion of Garland. I just mysteriously made a bet that he would be played in at least 4 further games last year. Even as I made the bet I didn't know why. I still don't.

May 27, 2012
Derweze, Turkmenistan
AFL Club
Melbourne
I like the way Senoj thinks!
senoj.png

"I say we give Matt Jones another shot!"

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
Do you guys think that Goodwin will add any changes to your game plan during the off season? and do you guys think there will be a strong focus on getting run and spread out of the contests and try to either match or go against St Kildas spread?
I think the gameplan we have been employing against St Kilda to date should suffice. Essentially we will go for an abstract defence that is invisible for large periods of time and generally hope for Saints to miss 100 percent of their targets. I'm going to mess with roadsigns and hope that Riewoldt gets lost on the way. Though it will be a bit different because this time I get to convince myself that Jake Melksham can win it for us. Actually, maybe he can? I'm trying to keep an open mind.

I think the gameplan we have been employing against St Kilda to date should suffice. Essentially we will go for an abstract defence that is invisible for large periods of time and generally hope for Saints to miss 100 percent of their targets. I'm going to mess with roadsigns and hope that Riewoldt gets lost on the way. Though it will be a bit different because this time I get to convince myself that Jake Melksham can win it for us. Actually, maybe he can? I'm trying to keep an open mind.
Well Jake Melksham does have a punchable head and if for some reason st kilda players punch it a lot when he is in your forward 50 and get a lot of free kicks it can work

DemonTim

Cancelled
10k Posts The Trident - Awarded to posters who do a hell of a lot on the Dees board
Jul 18, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne
What's with ox sooking it up about round 1 being an automatic loss for us?
Losers mentality. Any time any place is how teams succeed

Apr 12, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
Do you guys think that Goodwin will add any changes to your game plan during the off season? and do you guys think there will be a strong focus on getting run and spread out of the contests and try to either match or go against St Kildas spread?

Good question. I think the biggest issue we face against the Saints is the high pressure you apply and your speed going back the other way. I don't think we need to match your speed (Although ours will improve next year if we can get Hunt/Kent/Salem/Stretch into the same team) as the Swans have smacked you two years in a row despite being a slow side themselves, but we do need to improve our skills under pressure.

I've said it before and will say it again, both of the 2016 games when it was clear you guys had a run on in the 2nd quarter we needed to identify that and shut the game down (Which is very easy to do at Etihad, Saints did it for years under Lyon). Instead of doing that we just kept trying to run through your press which I put down to inexperience because clearly that isn't going to work. We are also a stronger clearance side than you and the more stoppages the game has the more it'll benefit us.

Back