Review Round 1 - Sydney Swans vs Essendon Bombers - Match Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

This was the Hun's backpage for tomorrows paper at three quarter time

LiBkQwS.jpg

#DeweyDefeatsTruman
Haha. Gotta buy that tomorrow.

Last edited:
It took Parker getting knocked out to spark something we are a strange football team but on the other hand it took us a quarter of football to put away a finals bound side.

I dont know is that a good or bad thing :S

Bad! If you need a player to be knocked out to spark your motivation, there is something seriously wrong.

Stuff you Razor. Frackin' disgrace of a ump:mad:
McInerney used to be the other one that would crucify us every match he umpired. Unfortunately most umpires are from Melbourne and hold this subconscious grudge against Sydney and Brisbane. I think they are also swayed by the aggression of some supporters (ie. Collingwood, Hawthorn, Essendon, the Adelaide sides and the Perth sides, etc)

I just watched the highlights. It's just reinforced we were down by 41 and still won. Hahahaaaaaaaaaa
Haha

Aha.

Hahha.

Drugs.

Stuff you Razor. Frackin' disgrace of a ump:mad:

Buddy was fantastic. As was Parker & Heeny and I love you a lot Teddy!!! Could not believe how shite we were and I was copping a drenching for the privilege nek minute:D
agree re razor.

I am gutted but given the umpiring I actually think the scoreline flattered us a bit

(Log in to remove this ad.)

well deserved win.

I was never comfortable despite being well ahead.

More accurate kicking by sydney and better umpiring and you guys would have won by more (I think).

As for the ASADA stuff, we did the same thing in our final against North, so I doubt it had any impact.

We have any word on Parker? hope its only a concussion, J Brown was saying on the coverage he might have cracked jaw given the blood coming out.

We have any word on Parker? hope its only a concussion, J Brown was saying on the coverage he might have cracked jaw given the blood coming out.
He's fine. Blood was from cut lip

Liked the move on Rampe to midfield in the 4th, thought that gave us something...the first three quarters though...wtf it was gf2014 all over again. Reid looked better when he went back and Buddy saved us at both ends...Heeney looked good, a few poor turnovers but forgivable and he wasn't an orphan. Also Lloyd provided when he came on. Liked Tippo once we decided there was someone else we could kick to. Really though, Grundy is a major concern atm he gives me no confidence at al down back.

Well, at least we won !

I thought Reid was a fairly good barometer for the side today. Utterly insipid in the first three quarters - and I was slagging him off just as much as everyone else - but I watched him in that last quarter and he took some nice marks and actually made a good effort when the ball was on the ground. Look, he wasn't a world beater but that last quarter and a bit was okay from him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back