Game Day Round 1 Sydney v Port

Remove this Banner Ad

Kind of pissed I'm going to miss the game, even if I am pessimistic about our chances.
Hopefully watching the replay later on will turn out to be a happy experience.

This is probably the best chance we've had at beating them at the SCG in a few years, but I don't think it'll be enough.
I'll be happy if we make 'em earn it, show some promising signs for the upcoming rounds.

Sydney by 23

Forget our history against them, it's gone and we can't do anything about it anyway.
If we're in it come last 1/4 Ken needs to tell the group just play the ball, nothing more, nothing less.
If it's tight near the end all I can say is "it's about time we won a close one".
Honourable losses are 4pts dropped. If we're good enough to be in it near the end I want us to be good enough to win it.

We get over the line somehow.
Ollie BOG
SPP to get rising star nomination setting up the battle between him and Tim Taranto for the award at the end of the year.
Robbie and Chad to kick 3 goals each.

Let's play to the wet conditions. Soccer it forward, tap it on, chest marks, soft passes and h/balls. Crumb'ers front n back.
Too often over the last few years when the ball's been slippery we go for bullett passes, hard fast h/balls and high flying marks.
There are 3 players imo who need to have good games for us to do well, TJ Sammy Gray and Broady.

But alas can't see us winning. Sydney by 42.
Nup today we win. Have just been reading their board and they are not over confident coz of their 'outs'.
We gotta beat them sometime to get the monkey off our back, let's make today the day.
As I posted above TJ, S Gray and Broadbent are players I have the least confidence in. They need to play well.

tenor.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nup today we win. Have just been reading their board and they are not over confident coz of their 'outs'.
We gotta beat them sometime to get the monkey off our back, let's make today the day.
As I posted above TJ, S Gray and Broadbent are players I have the least confidence in. They need to play well.
I hope so mate. I really do.

Flight effing cancelled!

Good on ya Jetstar!

Luckily I got transferred to one a couple of hours later, but c'arn!

Hope that's the bad joo joo for the day.

Last edited:
This time last week I gave us 0 chance. The sides named give me some confidence. We're good enough on paper to win but we know what happens to the majority of paper.
Anyhow I think we're right in this so long as we don't underestimate just how angry the Swans will be after the GF. They'll be pissed.

I'm going to miss the first quarter, as long as Port don't do the samd thing, we are a sneaky chance...
I should still make it. On an 11am flight now. Drop off my bag and straight out.

Jetstar are Tiger-tier s**t.
First time I've used them (and last).
This was a whim so I got the cheapest flight and cheap hotel.

Not again.

The rain adds another whole dimension to today. It'll make clearances super important so I hope we really have improved in that area.

If it stays dry I think Sydney by a comfortable 17 points.

If it is wet I have no idea, possibly Sydney by 25+

Remove this Banner Ad

Back