ROB
Laird
Smith
Sloane (just and not in the square)
Sholl
Rowe
Murray (just)
Butts
McHenry (just, 2nd half today saved him)
Keays
McPherson

Guys we need to play for the bulk of the season but probably haven't done enough this year so far.
Hamill
McAdam
Fogarty
Thilthorpe
Berry
Pedlar
Hately
Himmelberg
Worrell
McAsey

And you've got Brown who'll play, and Doedee who should if fit. Frampton reverted to form and Lynch is cooked.

Brown Butts McPherson
Doedee Murray Smith
Sholl Laird McHenry
McAdam Walker Sloane
Newchurch Thilthorpe Rowe

ROB Hately Keays

Fog Pedlar Schoenberg Berry

With Murray signed and Doedee hopefully fit I'd go...

Brown Butts McPherson
Doedee Murray Smith
Sholl Laird McHenry
Schoenberg Fogarty Sloane
McAdam Walker Rowe

ROB Berry Keays

Thilthorpe Hamill Hately Worrell

Jones needs a spell in the SANFL

Frampton and Berg don't fill me with confidence so give RT a go before he inevitably needs a rest in 6 weeks

Worrell has talent so see how he goes.

Pedlar if he can get through the SANFL next week comes into calculations

Lynch adds very little really, may as well pick Gollant for something different.
I would be very happy with this. We wont select anything close to this team but it would be the best in the long term if we did.

I do think Schoenberg gets lost at half forward so I'd hope to give him some decent midfield minutes as well.

Sloane at half forward is a must. He has now become ineffective in the midfield. He is better off saving energy for forward contests where he can make an impact.

With Murray signed and Doedee hopefully fit I'd go...

Brown Butts McPherson
Doedee Murray Smith
Sholl Laird McHenry
Schoenberg Fogarty Sloane
McAdam Walker Rowe

ROB Berry Keays

Thilthorpe Hamill Hately Worrell

Jones needs a spell in the SANFL

Frampton and Berg don't fill me with confidence so give RT a go before he inevitably needs a rest in 6 weeks

Worrell has talent so see how he goes.

Pedlar if he can get through the SANFL next week comes into calculations

Lynch adds very little really, may as well pick Gollant for something different.

On SM-A205YN using BigFooty.com mobile app

And we know training form is all that counts at our club.
Yeah there’s still age tier exp that holds back natural ability. Ticking and checking boxes on the coaching end is a fall back for them and makes them afraid of making a call contract wise on their behalf.

How many of Mackay, Kelly, Doedee and Talia will be rushed into the side, completely underdone?

How many of Mackay, Kelly, Doedee and Talia will be rushed into the side, completely underdone?
Kelly and Doedee round 1. Doedee is a gun so get him in and let's hope he stays injury free. Kelly is Kelly. Isn't going to win you a game and will slow down your offence but better the devil you know seems to be their mantra. Talia (who we desperately need when fully fit) will be rushed back probably underdone. Mackay will play as soon as the doctors give him the all clear. Seedsman will stay in. Lynch will be brought in for that needed experience which is so important when you are getting smashed. Have I missed any other cooked player? I think the others we are paying to play at other clubs or we have moved on.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Newchurch has some tools in an area of need, but he is soo far from afl level. Struggles massively in a contest and isn't fit enough. He's the definition of a project player with those deficiencies.

Have you watched the trial games? Just about 3/4 of our team have deficiencies, we struggle to hit a target. I say play as many players as you can, get the games into them.

Here's my predicted side for round 1

B Kelly - Butts - Brown
HB Mackay - Murray - Smith
C Seedsman - Sloane - Keays
HF McHenry - Walker - Lynch
F Rowe - Frampton - McAdam
R O'Brien - Laird - Crouch

I Sholl - McPherson - Jones - Fogarty

E Murphy - Himmelberg - Schoenberg - Hinge

And north are paying $2 for the spoon.

They must have Jess Sinclair and a 50yo Corey McKernan still in the side

Have you watched the trial games? Just about 3/4 of our team have deficiencies, we struggle to hit a target. I say play as many players as you can, get the games into them.
It's not a blanket strategy. You don't play ALL players to 'get games into them'. Some, yes I agree. I would agree on Newchurch if he had at least showed an ounce of willingness to enter a ground ball contest.

Cameron was a player who had deficiencies early on who you knew just needed to get into the 22. He was hungry for the contest and the player. Newchurch isn't and needs to learn how to do that before he even goes near the 22.

B Brown Murray Doedee
HB McPherson Butts Smith
C Schol M Crouch Sloane
HF Ned Walker Lynch
F Rowe FOG McAdam
R ROB Keays Laird
Int Billy Jones Schoenberg Hamill

Emg RT Berry Murphy Seedsman

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Could have done with another hit out considering the form of many, you’d have to think they’d be looking at another internal game this Thursday/Friday.

Probably too late, seeing we play Geelong that Saturday.

It's most likely just a hope and pray we have a good day and only get beat by 6-8 goals. Really focus on preparing to give Sydney a good shake.

Back