Preview Round 1: The Premiers vs. Collingwood - MCG, March 24 7:50pm AEDT

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blah blah blah

True supporters wish the best for the team, this utter spud isn't the best. I'm actually disgusted he plays before Clay who starred in the finals series and Jong played ok in practice matches no one cared about.

Don't care what anyone says this bloke has some dirt on someone. Isn't anywhere near the player Smith or Dunks is. Friggin laughable he even is on our list

Are you Lin Jong and you've been trolling us this whole time?

Unless Smith is injured its an absolute joke that he isnt named. Have to agree with Mattdougie on this one.

This line of thinking is ridiculous though. You're not there so you don't know the facts as to why they've gone Jong over Smith.

Premiership coach with all the facts and information... Or bigfooty posters with no idea...

I know who I'm entrusting.

I love how the geniuses in here all said Cordy wouldn't play.

Anyone who has the faintest idea about footy knows he had to play to balance the team if one of our limited talls goes down.

Cordy will continue to play until Rough or Campbell come back and take his place purely for structure and balance

Almost as stupid as the dumbarse that said no way Jong plays. Or that really really dumbarse that said if he plays we lose (for like the 20th time!).

Just ignore the ******* *, please, for everyone's sake.

Anyway, I personally would have gone Campbell but he may not be fit. I'm a bigger fan of Clay than just about anyone but I can understand if he's not perfectly fit.

Even though it's a fact that the MC don't rate Jong because he finished 27th in the BnF they obviously rate him enough to play in a round 1 blockbuster with close to a full squad available. What a surprise...

Blah blah blah

True supporters wish the best for the team, this utter spud isn't the best. I'm actually disgusted he plays before Clay who starred in the finals series and Jong played ok in practice matches no one cared about.

Don't care what anyone says this bloke has some dirt on someone. Isn't anywhere near the player Smith or Dunks is. Friggin laughable he even is on our list

Even with my username Dunkley isn't best 22 at the moment. And smith looks hobbled. Why would you play a player out of form and one who doesn't look 100 percent this early? You are accusing (in jest I get it) Jong of having photos of the coach but suggesting we play 2 guys on last years form? So because they are "name" players? I'm not the biggest Jong fan but based on preseason form alone he is sadly, but honestly, ahead of the 2 you suggest.

:oops:
This line of thinking is ridiculous though. You're not there so you don't know the facts as to why they've gone Jong over Smith.

Premiership coach with all the facts and information... Or bigfooty posters with no idea...

But but ...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone questioning the selection committee and the coach needs chilling.
We are not yet Hawthorn or Geelong dynasties.There will be young players with premiership hangovers early in the season.
Then also players hungry and envious of last yaars triumph.Seems the latter are playing.
I also am not sure if some of them are underdone or rusty ,but hey who can question
a successful hierarchy.And people who personally attack players have an inferiority complex.

This may be more optimistic theory than anything but I see a good performance as more influential than a bad. Take McLean as a random example - if he kicks 5 goals that will be very influential and likely a Dogs win. On the other hand if he has 5 ineffectual possessions it has less incremental impact because Bev has built a team approach with a lot of depth/versatility in his type of position so you can curb the impact by shuffling the game time, 'hiding' in less important position and spreading the load over others. You could extend that to Jong who, if he has a bad game, then for those expecting that anyway it's make little difference but if he has a great game that has a huge upside (Jong and McLean also have relatively low game times already as well).

On the flip side - say Toyd has a bad game, well we're already thin on the ground for his type and there's not much place to hide him and it opens the door for the Pies ruck/midfield to exert influence. In other words, for this game at least, it seems there's a lot less margin for error for a bad Toyd performance, so I'd be more worried about him than just about any other player having a bad game (but still a huge upside if he plays well!).

This may be more optimistic theory than anything but I see a good performance as more influential than a bad. Take McLean as a random example - if he kicks 5 goals that will be very influential and likely a Dogs win. On the other hand if he has 5 ineffectual possessions it has less incremental impact because Bev has built a team approach with a lot of depth/versatility in his type of position so you can curb the impact by shuffling the game time, 'hiding' in less important position and spreading the load over others. You could extend that to Jong who, if he has a bad game, then for those expecting that anyway it's make little difference but if he has a great game that has a huge upside (Jong and McLean also have relatively low game times already as well).

But Jong will have an important role as he will spend a large percentage of his TOG in and around the ball which is an area where our oppostion has real strength.

Agree. I think some may not have noticed that Clay didn't get near it in the pre-season games and looks to be hampered in his running.

Agree. I think some may not have noticed that Clay didn't get near it in the pre-season games and looks to be hampered in his running.
And he plays predominantly forward so with Cloke and Crameri in and only Dickson out one more forward needs to make way. McLean's in form, Smith not as much.

The team looks a bit slower to me. We have an abundance of bigger players this year, especially up forward.

I feel we need one more speedster for balance.

Jong appears to be that player, as well as the player they can send to lock down. His versatility will be a plus.

But if he has a shocker, it'll be his ball handling skills (often not a one touch player) and lack of game sense (he seems to go missing for parts of a game) that will cost us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back