Preview Round 1: The Premiers vs. Collingwood - MCG, March 24 7:50pm AEDT

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even with my username Dunkley isn't best 22 at the moment. And smith looks hobbled. Why would you play a player out of form and one who doesn't look 100 percent this early? You are accusing (in jest I get it) Jong of having photos of the coach but suggesting we play 2 guys on last years form? So because they are "name" players? I'm not the biggest Jong fan but based on preseason form alone he is sadly, but honestly, ahead of the 2 you suggest.

Mate id play one short before I played Jong

People blaming Jong for taking Clays spot. Cordy is the one who got a game, due to team balance. He can play as a 3rd tall defender on Jesse White (Cox, Moore already have Moz, Roberts - allows Wood free), swing forward when Boyd is rucking or even give a 2nd ruck chop out. He is best suited for our matchups this week. I feel Jong has his spot until Wally comes back or if Dunkley's form surpasses him.

Well my sister decides to go into labour today f@!#

Upgraded ticket to reserved seat and all :(
Tell her - as compensation for you being there to assist - that she has to call the bub after whoever gets 5 votes in the Ching.

Anyway I hope the delivery is as smooth and quick as a Bontempelli bullet onto the chest of Travis Cloke.

Jong over Clay?

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

A little interesting that our two most dangerous small forwards (almost forwards in general) of the finals aren't playing. Expecting Toby to spend a bit more time deeper forward tonight.

A little interesting that our two most dangerous small forwards (almost forwards in general) of the finals aren't playing. Expecting Toby to spend a bit more time deeper forward tonight.

I'd be surprised if we start as named. Expect Dahlhaus to start forward not Libba.

Watch Bevo's pre-game presser, he speaks about selection and how last year is not in the equation, only this year's preseason. There were "hard conversations". Clay and Dunkley obviously, in his opinion, missed the cut for Round One. No doubt fitting in Bob and Crameri and Cloke was a big considerations. Don't envy the MC but we have to trust their judgement.

Even though they're about four inches different in height I think Jong can play Dickson's role up forward as a a dual marking groundball threat.
Then his ability to rotate through midfield in the second unit is critical, because he's a genuine tough nut. Often teams rotating their forwards in the 2nd unit midfield don't have the toughness and they lose the clearance/contested possession battles when they're up against the opposition first unit. Don't think that will happen with Jong.

Ultimately Bevo's tactical style requires players with flexibility and the ability to play in multiple roles and positions and that's what Jong has going for him above Dunkley and Smith (injury aside) is that he's probably just as much of a forward as he is a midfielder, whilst Dunkley is not really a forward and Smith (in his return last year) is not really a midfielder anymore. The ability to be flexible is valuable in and of itself, even if it's not reflected in your typical analysis of "well he's a good kick" etc.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Please Jong, kick 6 goals, and get a universal BOG. Then back it up next week against, you know, the other grand finalists, because even if you play well this week, it's a meaningless game against 2016 also rans.

I know, I know, "anyone who knows anything about anything doesn't know anything about Jong not being an AFL standard player, yada yada conspiracy theory about blackmailing photos yada yada...".

Every time, just like clockwork...

Please Jong, kick 6 goals, and get a universal BOG. Then back it up next week against, you know, the other grand finalists, because even if you play well this week, it's a meaningless game against 2016 also rans.

I know, I know, "anyone who knows anything about anything doesn't know anything about Jong not being an AFL standard player, yada yada conspiracy theory about blackmailing photos yada yada...".

Every time, just like clockwork...
So why do you put up with it? Why do you answer?

I'm tellin' youse one thing, after Richmond won last night we'd better not lose to Collingwood.

I want to see this, but with a lot more blood! :D

deadmaggie.jpg

And no, those are not my feets.

I love how some of these so called members spend EVERY single game here on Bigfooty taking about the game and clearly not attending any matches but they are apparently members and have the gall to call others not supporters

Lol stupid is as stupid does and he have a fair few that have never been a member but will swear they are. Hahahha

I'm not counting the guys that live away like Mutt King wetdog just the that constantly call others bed supporters

Anyway I've also heard a snippet Pendles may not play so

dogs by 24
Cloke to kick 3
Jong 11 possies and 23 clangers

I'm tellin' youse one thing, after Richmond won last night we'd better not lose to Collingwood.

I want to see this, but with a lot more blood! :D

deadmaggie.jpg

And no, those are not my feets.
Because you'd have socks on, right? :p

Pendlebury tweeted earlier that it was gameday. Maybe slightly unusual if he's not playing. Thinking he'll play. Tipped Collingwood in my work tips. Just think we might still be a little sluggish. That and we struggled with the Pies last year.

Cloke to kick 2.1 and 1 out on the full for lols. Don't even have to catch the train in tonight which is nice. Hopefully my tip is wrong and I can troll my magpie supporting friends. Think we'll get a great crowd.

Because you'd have socks on, right? :p

You'll get yours when I get back. Be afraid. My walker can be a weapon of mass destruction once I get going.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back