Wentworth Detention Ctr
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide, Centrals
Round 1
Adelaide v Brisbane Lions
Sunday 9 January
Flinders University Stadium (Noarlunga Oval)
1:40pm

9 months after Brisbane upset the Crows in the AFLW Grand Final, the teams meet up 7 weeks earlier than expected following some last minute tweaks to the AFLW Fixture.

It will very interesting to see how both sides fare on the large, wide expanses of Flinders University Stadium, compared to the smaller confines of Coopers Stadium (Norwood).

Anyone heading along?

Fans can sit in their cars at Noarlunga so it's immune to any Covid restrictions :D

Pretty sure you're not allowed to drive your car up to the oval for this match for whatever reason.

I'm still weighing it up. I bought tickets already, but then both of my kids became close contacts today.

I’m making the trek.

As usual the Rainbow Crows will have a strong presence at the game. We’ll be down the southern end cheering the girls on (with telescopes for when the action is at the northern end).

According to the map, there will be car parking available in the field behind the scoreboard, plus an entry gate around there.

Unfortunately, the cars around the ground won’t be happening.

Anyone heading along?

Fans can sit in their cars at Noarlunga so it's immune to any Covid restrictions :D

I’ll be able to head on just down the road to the game at this stage, with no cars it’s just the classic Noarlunga Oval match with the choice of inconvenient deck chair position that means you’ll hardly see any of the game or stand up all game and see half the action, as brucetiki said a telescope/binoculars are needed to see any action on the far side of the ground, if not you usually just have to piece it together in your mind.

Wouldn’t mind banking on this being the lowest scoring game of the round given the size of the oval & history of SANFLW scores there, plus Brisbane’s strong behind the ball setup & defensive gameplan.

R1-Website-Lineup-952x952-.png

Good effort from Simmons to make the round 1 team, happy to see us select Munyard and McKinnon as well who were unlucky last year.

Fairly predictable team otherwise. Is Cox still injured? Would have played her for sure over Rajcic.

Need to get our draft picks in ASAP as well, the positions of players like Mules and N.Allen should be vulnerable

Mules was great last year, doubt her position is in doubt. Cox will miss the first month.

So, McKinnon and Gould to share the ruck duties I guess? I agree it's exciting to see Simmonds named first up!

Randall named up forward while Biddell is down back? Hopefully that's just ducks and drakes.

It will be interesting to see where they envision Prowse playing. Perhaps could take over Rajcic's role for now?

Pretty predictable team, Simmons in is probably the only unexpected name and only position change looking to be Biddell being named at CHB (called for that last season) to combat Brisbane’s very tall forward line.

Forward line does look dangerous on paper hopefully the midfield can actually lower the eyes and avoid always kicking the ball to Lutkins this time round and they can kick a lot more than the 3 goals they only managed in the GF.

Only change I would’ve made would’ve been Newman in for Allen, her non-selection continues to bloody disappoint, someone with run and with the ability to actually hit a chest from HB was shown to be desperately lacking in that last performance against Brisbane in the GF.

Randall named up forward while Biddell is down back? Hopefully that's just ducks and drakes.

It will be interesting to see where they envision Prowse playing. Perhaps could take over Rajcic's role for now?

Hope they do play Biddell there all match, they need to look to the future with that backline and see if Biddell can be the one to do the job on the second tall forward. Agree sooner we can find someone to go past the ageing tiring legs of Rajcic the better, Prowse looked to have been training as a defender in pre-season so she’s hopefully a chance.

Yeah, fair call. I guess I just don't really have faith in Biddell making it at this stage. Would be delighted to be proved wrong!
In the Clarke Press Conference on Jan 4, Doc made comments on Biddell that he felt she was to have a breakthrough year in that she was more comfortable at this level and would shine through as a Crow. Maybe not first week but would breakthrough in 22. She seems to be the leading SANFLW Key Forward in the comp and hoping it will flow through to AFLW.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This game style is not sustainable. Can't play the game from defensive 50

Clarke doesn’t want to make the move to match numbers around the ball as he knows Starcevich wants that as they have the faster players that can burn the crows players off on the spread, but in not doing it Brisbane are going to get the ball out most times. Starcevich a master at getting games on his terms.

Forwards way too hesitant and not attacking the ball that Qtr

Remove this Banner Ad

Back