Preview Round 1 v Brisbane Lions @ Flinders University Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Anybody else getting annoyed with the commentator referring to Noarlunga in the province of West Adelaide??

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Oval’s so big you sometimes think it might encroach into the south east but west 😄

Seriously though they shouldn’t play AFLW games here unless they redevelop the ground and make the playing surface smaller

Oval’s so big you sometimes think it might encroach into the south east but west 😄

Seriously though they shouldn’t play AFLW games here unless they redevelop the ground and make the playing surface smaller

and yet we are playing four of the first six games there apparently!

News to me I’d heard at the ground maybe round 6 against the dogs had been moved here from Norwood that’s all
Probably a COVID social distancing thing.

Bigger ground, more space to spread out and sit n your car lol.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Free kicks were 19-8 in the end, Brisbane would feel a bit hard done by there. I remember a couple of poor decisions/non-decisions but nothing too much.

It’d be interesting to know what the frees looked like at 3Q time. I thought Brisbane got a bit fatigued/undisciplined in the last quarter (understandably given they were 2 players short) and their tackling got sloppy

A good win without dominant performances from Erin or Chelsea. Gould was a real presence, and Biddell was impressive. Good to see Jones start the season in some reasonable form too

Phillips might play a bit of a decoy at times, draw her defenders out.

Free kicks were 19-8 in the end, Brisbane would feel a bit hard done by there. I remember a couple of poor decisions/non-decisions but nothing too much.
HTB decisions were a bit over the shop
Especially when pressure was on
In all I wasn’t frustrated
Think a good job overall

Gawd the barracking for Brisbane in the commentary box is a bit much!
Jason Bennett in the box like last year?

I'd rather a Dwayne Russell commentated showdown than a Jason Bennett commentated Brisbane game.

Jason Bennett in the box like last year?

I'd rather a Dwayne Russell commentated showdown than a Jason Bennett commentated Brisbane game.
Don't think it was.

They are not stopping the clock. What's going on?
Isn't the rule in AFLw that the only time-on is between goal and the ensuring resumption of play
Then normal timeon rules in the final 2 minutes?

Was originally after goals only I think, but going into the 2017GF they changed that rule I think?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back