Game Day Round 1 v Bulldogs, Saturday 18 March, 7:25pm @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Here we go again...

After a decent off-season a few flecks of s**t starting getting flung around with Fritta getting stomped on, Viney hurting his knee, Salem's thyroid playing up again topped off with May pinging his calf a few days out from the game.

That said, we looked decent in the warmup games and we have decent coverage for some of our injuries (May and Fritta obviously a bit harder to make up for). Still pretty confident we win this - our midfield is looking sharp and Grundy loved towelling English for the Pies. He and Max hopefully have a field day in the guts and up forward. Keen for Chandler and Laurie to have a go up forward for us, and McVee is looking very solid down back as Salem's replacement.

The beanpole forward line from the Dogs is a gamble. Could stretch us, although Darcy and JUH have a combined 26 games and 28 goals and Lobb is, well, Lobb - might be a handful, might be a total spud. Not to say they can't get off the chain, but without Weightman they're very short on decent crumbers so if it hits the deck they'll be ****ed.

Team:
Round 1 2023.jpg

Sick with anticipation. Imagine it'll be Jordon as sub. Maybe Melky. If we win the midfield I think we win. I like playing with three genuine smalls up forward, and as long as Tomlinson holds down one of their talls I think we'll be ok.

The best thing about the UK timezone is that I don't have to wait around all day.

Anyone catch OVERMONO at GP or Pitch last weekend? I’ll be seeing them instead of the game, bad timing I think. Had some really nice gags lined up for the gameday thread too, I dunno, will have to write them down maybe so I can use them another day :(

Anyone catch OVERMONO at GP or Pitch last weekend? I’ll be seeing them instead of the game, bad timing I think. Had some really nice gags lined up for the gameday thread too, I dunno, will have to write them down maybe so I can use them another day :(
Perhaps you could schedule the posts.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think our season really comes down too if Oliver Trac Viney and Brayshaw change the way they play. Those 4 will probably get a ⅓ at least of our inside 50s most weeks. Last year Oliver and Trac had a stretch where they found 2 teammates from 50 something inside 50s. Those 2 especially need to sort themselves out

Last year Oliver and Trac had a stretch where they found 2 teammates from 50 something inside 50s. Those 2 especially need to sort themselves out
It might be easy to blame Oliver and Trac but our forward set-up was absolutely atrocious last year.

I've noticed that our last three encounters with the bulldogs have involved huge momentum shifts. I still won't be completely comfortable if we're 6 goals up.

Sick with anticipation. Imagine it'll be Jordon as sub. Maybe Melky.
Reckon it'll be Melksham - gives us the option of moving TMac back if needed and bringing in Milkshake as a marking forward like he did last year.

Would have loled if we selected Josh Schache for teh trollz.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back