Preview Round 1 V GWS (Great Waste Space)

Remove this Banner Ad

It’s honestly disgusting. There’s not swallowing everything the club gives you and there’s being a totally negative princess. Does anybody on this board actually enjoy football?

So excited to see the dogs again this year. Have a great feeling about the culture Beveridge is still building and he deserves our patience.

Seems to be pretty set on having every mid be able to play forward and make us totally unpredictable. Different poison every week. Lots of flexibility in this side for problem solving and lots of bodies to throw at the pill and tackle.

Pumped to see how Naughton and English go, and Wood up forward!
This. Im so pumped to see how we go, and a few questionable selections aside this is a ******* good team were putting out. Im expecting us to come out fired up and i think were going to surprise a few people

Who's the traveling emergency? Is a late change on the cards given the weather? Does our little champ Caleb Daniel get a gig?
I think either Jong or Caleb will come in. Don’t mind the thought of Jong with his big body and athleticism being a late inclusion for one of our talls.

Who's the traveling emergency? Is a late change on the cards given the weather? Does our little champ Caleb Daniel get a gig?

Maybe Rough comes out for Caleb? Will be surprising if we take all three of English, Rough and Trengove into what might be a windy wet weather match.

Gotta hand it to Bev, regularly keeps us all guessing and shows us to be clueless in relation to selection.

Maybe Rough comes out for Caleb? Will be surprising if we take all three of English, Rough and Trengove into what might be a windy wet weather match.

Gotta hand it to Bev, regularly keeps us all guessing and shows us to be clueless in relation to selection.
I don't mind this approach at all. Keep us in the dark and feed us bull****. Injuries, selection, everything because if we don't know/are guessing then the opposition most likely are too. Anything* for an advantage when they take the field.

*anything excludes systematic doping

Notable absentees from our senior squad, ie Boyd. Just don't think it looks good.

ok, so how do you know he wasn't there? and if he wasn't you don't know any circumstances - he could have had any number of other engagements

it seem to me that you are just jumping to conclusions without any facts

Notable absentees from our senior squad, ie Boyd. Just don't think it looks good.
Maybe its not a sign of impending implosion, maybe they just had better things to do than watch AFLW. Lets face it, except for a few thousand people, the rest of the world did.

Forecast upgraded.

70% 1-5mm intermittent rain afternoon. W 25-40kmph
??? Haven't seen that one.

BoM site still saying what BallaratBulldog said (90%, 6-10mm). That was posted 5 hrs ago.
The winds look like being more westerly now, so less likely to favour one end.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hmmm. It's raining right now (I'm closer to the CBD, about 3km from Manuka) but this shower will probably pass. More rain over Manuka way than here.
Anyway the "70% chance" is clearly wrong.

The real questions are how much and how long will it hold off. If we're lucky the majority will fall after the game's over.

Or are we a better chance against GWS if it rains?

Hmmm. It's raining right now (I'm closer to the CBD, about 3km from Manuka) but this shower will probably pass. More rain over Manuka way than here.
Anyway the "70% chance" is clearly wrong.

The real questions are how much and how long will it hold off. If we're lucky the majority will fall after the game's over.

Or are we a better chance against GWS if it rains?
Helps us IMO. Compromises their better ball users and marking targets and increases the chances they'll have to get down and dirty with us. A close quarter slug fest is our best chance and their least preferred would be my guess. I really think we're going to get right in their grills from the outset and see how they shape up without Mummy.

Helps us IMO. Compromises their better ball users and marking targets and increases the chances they'll have to get down and dirty with us. A close quarter slug fest is our best chance and their least preferred would be my guess. I really think we're going to get right in their grills from the outset and see how they shape up without Mummy.
Sounds reasonable. They should be conditions that really suit players like Honeychurch, Libba, Dahl, etc.

Any further news on the Roughead-to-miss rumour? It would mean the inclusion of English makes a bit more sense.

Sounds reasonable. They should be conditions that really suit players like Honeychurch, Libba, Dahl, etc.

Any further news on the Roughead-to-miss rumour? It would mean the inclusion of English makes a bit more sense.
I know nothing about that. Thought I saw him on the telly at the GF yesterday but I think he's had a roll to play with that squad over journey so unsurprising. I would play 2 rucks plus Trengrove in this game regardless.

I know nothing about that. Thought I saw him on the telly at the GF yesterday but I think he's had a roll to play with that squad over journey so unsurprising. I would play 2 rucks plus Trengrove in this game regardless.
Someone posted something about it last night. Could well be BS.

Interesting seems a bit ruck overkill when they really only have Lobb, particularly on a windy/wet day.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back