Preview Round 1 V GWS (Great Waste Space)

Remove this Banner Ad

Someone posted something about it last night. Could well be BS.
It's possible I suppose. I quite like that we won't know for sure till about 1 hour before the game starts. The speculation and guess work adds to the intrigue. Very much in the tell us if we need to know camp not the tell us because we want to know camp.

It's possible I suppose. I quite like that we won't know for sure till about 1 hour before the game starts. The speculation and guess work adds to the intrigue. Very much in the tell us if we need to know camp not the tell us because we want to know camp.
I agree but only up to a point. I think if they want to encourage fan adulation and obsessiveness about the club there are certain things that don't affect match day scheming that they could keep us better informed about.

Some of the injury issues for players not in the 26, for instance.

Commitment to the club is a two-way street.

Weather update: Sun's out, but more showers on the way.

I agree but only up to a point. I think if they want to encourage fan adulation and obsessiveness about the club there are certain things that don't affect match day scheming that they could keep us better informed about.

Its off track but it may be appropriate to have a player section on the website where player and line coach tell us where they are at - if not playing why? Goals for yr, etc.

Do it three times a season - beginning, middle and end.

Too transparent?

Interesting seems a bit ruck overkill when they really only have Lobb, particularly on a windy/wet day.
Ahh, so that's my bad then. Simpson not playing has me reconsidering. I do want dominance in the ruck and around stoppages as I see it as a key (perhaps the key) to us beating them. I'd be prepared to limit English to 50% game time to keep both him and roughy fresh in order to achieve it. I'd start with Roughy as part of the initial softening up[ assault.
If Roughy doesn't come up then we're down to English and Trengrove and I probably bring Jongy in for his physicality.
Still leaning to the 2 rucks plus Trengrove.

Who should we send out with a little sandpaper hidden in his socks ? If we win the toss and kick with the wind in the first quarter we could give the footy a little rub for some reverse swing advantage .
Make it transparent sandpaper and not bright yellow :rolleyes:

:p Not a lot encouragement needed.

I'm happy for them to engage in deception and misdirection if it remotely affects current match day scheming and possibly for the 2 or 3 games to follow. I'm accepting that, in planning and devising strategies to beat an opposition, less is more in the public domain when viewed through the prism of trying to win games. I can see though that that is likely to be in conflict with the public's/members' appetite for information.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If he can mark the footy in the forward line, that would be a good offer. We need someone please to catch the footy!
Not to be too negative about English - because I do really like him - but I haven’t seen anything at all to suggest that he’s an aerial threat in the forward line at any level yet. I don’t have confidence that he’s suddenly going to do it while still not ready as a footballer against a very good side in the wet with only a group of defenders playing forward as support.

Not to be too negative about English - because I do really like him - but I haven’t seen anything at all to suggest that he’s an aerial threat in the forward line at any level yet. I don’t have confidence that he’s suddenly going to do it while still not ready as a footballer against a very good side in the wet with only a group of defenders playing forward as support.

I'd back English to go ok against Simpson. This guy couldn't get a game at Geelong for how long??

Remove this Banner Ad

Back