Preview Round 1 v GWS Saturday March 19 @ 5:10 pm at Olympic Park -Lifeline Cup

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

They must think Buddy won't kick 5
I'm going to be honest and say I don't think he'll kick 5 in his first game either. Was not wondering where our 2nd game would be.

I like this - it gives Swan fans an opportunity to attend both games in Sydney with a high chance Buddy will get the 5.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Such a meh time. I guess it helps Sydney folk get to and fro. Ticky009 Kirkswan - thoughts?
Early enough the kids can come along and anyone driving can machete their way through Saturday arvo traffic.

Grab a feed & some cider at Dooley's, catch the train to SOP and you're good.

The cynic in me has the AFL trying to make quick cash for the Giants off the hype and then hoping he doesn't kick 5 and kicks his 1000th the following week as an SCG home game against Hawthorn. Would not be in the slightest surprised if Rd 2 is away again against the Hawks at the MCG.

I'd actually find it hilarious if the club came out in a weeks time and said Franklin won't be available for Round 1 to kill the hype and not let the orange scum get a free boost to their bottom line.

Why even worry now ! nothing wrong with the ground !
Yeah the ground is alright. Great place to watch footy. You feel as though you are alnost on the ground. Mind you the seating is a bit daunting if you have to get up. There is no seat top in front of you, just air. Ooohhh!

As to the ground itself it is a strange shape, more like an egg. Narrower at one end than the other. It also seems slightly longer to one end from the centre but that is probably just perception. The surface is really good, except in heavy rain where it becomes dangerously slippery. Other than that it is a wonderful place to play. Smooth, soft, so few injuries. They had a problem with the watering system in the early days but that has been fixed. The major problem is crowd capacity.

I like the ground. It will be reasonably warm so even better out there. Watching footy at either ground in mid winter is horrible. There are so many wind factors at both and the wind chill is dreadful coming off the mountains. ANZ had less gaps than either but was a dreadful surface and had blind spots. By that I mean you literally could not see the play near the boundary. Glad it's gone really.

On JAT-L29 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Last edited:
The cynic in me has the AFL trying to make quick cash for the Giants off the hype and then hoping he doesn't kick 5 and kicks his 1000th the following week as an SCG home game against Hawthorn. Would not be in the slightest surprised if Rd 2 is away again against the Hawks at the MCG.

I'd actually find it hilarious if the club came out in a weeks time and said Franklin won't be available for Round 1 to kill the hype and not let the orange scum get a free boost to their bottom line.
It's really the AFL bottom line as they are still propping up GWS big time. Self interest. But, as has been said, 2 games in a row maximises our chances of seeing the 1000.

It's really the AFL bottom line as they are still propping up GWS big time. Self interest. But, as has been said, 2 games in a row maximises our chances of seeing the 1000.

Melbourne Bloods Members?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back