Preview Round 1 v GWS Saturday March 19 @ 5:10 pm at Olympic Park -Lifeline Cup

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I thought ANZ was a permanent rectangle stadium now

The NSW govt abandoned the redevelopment due to Covid, so in theory AFL games can be played there, though I think this will just be a one-off because of Buddy's impending milestone.

i mean, yeah, it sucks and no one wants to go out there. but it kinda makes sense logically.

this gets as many swans fans as possible to the first 2 games
giants stadium is out of action due to easter show set up
sydney v hawthorn will be round 2 at the scg likely saturday night

for me, i dont mind the 5:10. as long as i can stay out of the sun. I will fly up and back same day.

i mean, yeah, it sucks and no one wants to go out there. but it kinda makes sense logically.

this gets as many swans fans as possible to the first 2 games
giants stadium is out of action due to easter show set up
sydney v hawthorn will be round 2 at the scg likely saturday night

for me, i dont mind the 5:10. as long as i can stay out of the sun. I will fly up and back same day.
Going to be a tight squeeze getting back for last flight out surely? If I go up, I'll get a hotel and stay overnight.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Going to be a tight squeeze getting back for last flight out surely? If I go up, I'll get a hotel and stay overnight.
9:45pm last flight. reckon make it easy. game finishes 8pm latest. direct trains into central after maybe 20 mins, then 20 min train to airport.

Stadium Australia, currently known as Accor Stadium for sponsorship purposes, is a multi-purpose stadium located in the Sydney Olympic Park, in Sydney, Australia. The stadium, which in Australia is sometimes referred to as Sydney Olympic Stadium, Homebush Stadium or simply the Olympic Stadium
I thought that I read somewhere a couple of years ago that this stadium was being pulled down.

If our players care as much about when and where Buddy's 1,000th goal is kicked then we'll be lucky to win two games next year.

Let's face it, this isn't our milestone to celebrate. He kicked the majority of his goals for a different club. And he could kick his 1,000th with any two random teams playing and the result would still be the same - fans of all preferences storming the field. It'll be a great moment for the sport and i'm bloody glad that if he does it, he'll be doing it in our colours. But let's not pretend like we as Swans fans have the rights to this moment when if it happened and we ended up losing the game anyway, Buddy's achievement that we're all so desperate to be a part of would fall to the wayside as we go back to our routine complaints about Florent's kicking, Heeney not doing enough and Melican having a bag kicked on him.

Just hope he does it - the circumstances won't change the moment or the significance of the achievement.

If our players care as much about when and where Buddy's 1,000th goal is kicked then we'll be lucky to win two games next year.

Let's face it, this isn't our milestone to celebrate. He kicked the majority of his goals for a different club. And he could kick his 1,000th with any two random teams playing and the result would still be the same - fans of all preferences storming the field. It'll be a great moment for the sport and i'm bloody glad that if he does it, he'll be doing it in our colours. But let's not pretend like we as Swans fans have the rights to this moment when if it happened and we ended up losing the game anyway, Buddy's achievement that we're all so desperate to be a part of would fall to the wayside as we go back to our routine complaints about Florent's kicking, Heeney not doing enough and Melican having a bag kicked on him.

Just hope he does it - the circumstances won't change the moment or the significance of the achievement.
Great mature post caesar88

Very happy with this, get one of the gws games out of the way early. Should be a good game 2 pretty evenly matched teams who both would have top 4 aspirations. Good opportunity to see where we sit early in the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back