Preview Round 1 v Hawks (team listed #982 p40)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully he plays none this year.

Seriously, Blair and Smith getting games in our side is arguably one of the most telling signs of where we're at. In my opinion, they are both players that shouldn't even be getting games unless literally 3/4 of the list were physically unable to take the field.

Seriously, Blair and Smith getting games in our side is arguably one of the most telling signs of where we're at. In my opinion, they are both players that shouldn't even be getting games unless literally 3/4 of the list were physically unable to take the field.
I not overly enamored by either these days but at least you know what you'll get, a small sample size of Blue Moon and some Vanilla on the side.

I don't see much of a role for the Wee Man any more and Smith will be first let go once any of JDG, Wells, Elliott come back in.

Think you're missing the point.

I love Vanilla ANYTHING. But that doesn't change what calling something "vanilla" implies. Despite how amazing vanilla in food context tastes, in any context outside food, it has negative connotations.
might be worth substituting Vanilla with Beige. might be a bit more clear.

funnily enough the dictionary lists vanilla as

adjective
informal
  1. 1.
    having no special or extra features; ordinary or standard.

Up until he was injured Crocker played some great football up forward in the VFL last season and was a consistent avenue to goal.

At that level at least he's not a defensive forward at all.

His 3 performances at AFL level in 2017 were disappointing though and didn't build upon the promise shown the previous season.

He looked slow, lacked strength in the tackle and was to easy to play against in his games last year I thought.

Still it was only his second season so it's unfair to write him off on the back of it.

His preseason form hasn't demanded selection but you can say the same about Daicos also and if choosing between the two for round 1 I would have gone with Crocker.

Lol vanilla is my favourite flavour by far (in milkshakes next to honeycomb) and the reason its considered plain is not so much taste but that it is similar visually to plain milk.

My 2c anyway.
you just has a discerning pallet
And that’s a good thing

If 3/4 of the list were unable to take the field that would mean 12 players (assuming rounding as can’t have a player cut up, as much as some on bigfooty would like) are left to play.
Then we lose.
Then we’d at least get Lukusios so there’s always good if you look for it, or you’re a Little Miss Gretchen Sunshine.

Blair’s not playing. Why even mention him?

He's only been slated to play there during the pre-season. But perhaps he won't, in which case we can just back our midfield personnel in.
He played there in the JLT 1 and looked so lost. Got dominated by the Giants mids.

Let me be frank and say that Hawthorn are a better run club than us so would never acquire Wells in the first place. They aren’t the benchmark, but they’re miles ahead of us.

I am supremely confident that if Wells were a Hawthorn listed player he would be playing round 1. What would have happened if he turned up in the shape he did for 2017 pre-season is Clarko would have torn him to shreds, as a result he’d have been in better nick entering the 2018 pre-season and not as big as a house. He then isn’t overloaded catching back up and is available for selection for round 1.

Cause and effect. Until our FD improves this, and the delayed surgeries, will continue. They cost us games, a spot in the finals and potentially people their careers, but posters such as yourself continue to have your heads in the sand. I don’t want to deny anyone the right to do that, but it scares me that our club’s executive are likewise inclined.
I appreciate your reply, suffice to say I don’t believe things are as dire as you.
Have I got my head in the sand? We will find out this season.

You know emergencies don't play right?
Who gives a s**t if he's named emergency as long as he doesn't play.

The fact that he’s an emergency is a worry. The fact that, on exposed form, he is an emergency is a worry.

The fact that he can barely get a touch in the 2s, let alone the ones, is an even bigger worry.

Actually, if it's wet and windy it might actually suit him. He does at least give effort.

Like is said I don’t like potting our players, but effort only counts when it doesn’t have a negative impact on the team. He’s lost whatever he had, if we want effort we should just swap him for Blair. And Blair is 50 times the player maybe currently is.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Think you're missing the point.

I love Vanilla ANYTHING. But that doesn't change what calling something "vanilla" implies. Despite how amazing vanilla in food context tastes, in any context outside food, it has negative connotations.
giphy.gif
giphy.gif

He played there in the JLT 1 and looked so lost. Got dominated by the Giants mids.

I agree, but everyone got dominated that game, and a run-with role is not so different to playing in the backline. Wouldn’t mind us trialing it for a few weeks anyway.

Crocker looked promising in year 1, but was injured for most of year 2. Why have so many written him off.
Slow. I’d be surprised if he is ever a best 22. Our forward line needs speed. But I will say he can pop up and kick a goal or 2 and does try hard.

I appreciate your reply, suffice to say I don’t believe things are as dire as you.
Have I got my head in the sand? We will find out this season.

Only once in club history have we gone this long without playing a final (88 games) in 94-02 when we cracked 176. That’s pretty ******* dire already mate!

Only once in club history have we gone this long without playing a final (88 games) in 94-02. That’s pretty ******* dire already mate!
I agree totally. This season it’s finals or else...

I agree totally. This season it’s finals or else...

That’s where things were at entering 2017 when Buckley himself admitted there was no way he’d survive if we missed finals! Here we are 12 months on with him contracted until post 2019 and you saying the same thing. There’s no accountability whatsoever from the executive down.

That’s where things were at entering 2017 when Buckley himself admitted there was no way he’d survive if we missed finals! Here we are 12 months on with him contracted until post 2019 and you saying the same thing. There’s no accountability whatsoever from the executive down.
I believe we will play finals this year, and win one or more. I am confident about that.

If it doesn’t happen, and we miss again, 5 years is enough. Change must happen.

My money is on finals footy and a contract extension.

I'd take Smith over Blair.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back