Preview Round 1 v Hawks (team listed #982 p40)

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 25, 2006
Beach
AFL Club
Collingwood
Yeah let's say it's St Pats that's responsible. I only use crude language when I am very frustrated and I know it is going to appear as asterisks or campaigners and such. If De Goey had been training with the seniors rather than VFL he would still be available for AFL selection. This injury is the club's own doing.

What absolute bollocks.

Last edited:
Apr 2, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Given what's been said and whoever has cultural issues/injuries/out of form and current trends I have no idea what the side will be but will go with:

FB: De Gooey Moore Wells

HB Broomhead Blair Mayne

CHB is the new ruck. You don't delist or drop someone. You just give them a run at CHB.

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
jmac70
TheGreatGrundy

Five abstaining was part of Buddhism.
Jmac I think you might particularly like number 5 :p
  1. Abstain from killing
  2. Abstain from stealing;
  3. Abstain from sensual (including sexual) misconduct;
  4. Abstain from lying;
  5. Abstain from intoxicants.

Mongo Ming

Intergalactic Despot
Sep 10, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
jmac70
TheGreatGrundy

Five abstaining was part of Buddhism.
Jmac I think you might particularly like number 5 :p
  1. Abstain from killing
  2. Abstain from stealing;
  3. Abstain from sensual (including sexual) misconduct;
  4. Abstain from lying;
  5. Abstain from intoxicants.
As with all religious texts. They were written in ancient times. What do we need to add to bring them into the modern age?
6. Abstain from trolling
7. Abstain from watching New Housewives of Melbourne

..?

In fairness.. I’ve blown #5 already.

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
As with all religious texts. They were written in ancient times. What do we need to add to bring them into the modern age?
6. Abstain from trolling
7. Abstain from watching New Housewives of Melbourne

..?

In fairness.. I’ve blown #5 already.
Very good.

Doing number 7 is key!

Jul 21, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
What absolute bollocks.
Don't you believe in fate? I do. In choosing to have De Goey train with the VFL, the club have created for him an alternative set of life circumstances that have resulted in his strained hamstring. You can call it bollocks or whatever you like. I have chosen paths in my own life which have created their own outcomes. Had I acted differently, I would have trodden a different path and enjoyed a totally different set of outcomes. If it works for me, it does for the club.

You can dismiss my claim out of hand and call it whatever you like, but that doesn't alter my belief that De Goey would still have been available for selection round 1 if not for the club's punishment. Don't much appreciate your abrupt manner either. Just because you're incognito in cyber space doesn't mean you have to act like a dead set campaigner.

Mongo Ming

Intergalactic Despot
Sep 10, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
If we beat the Hawks, even by a point, it will give us heaps of confidence. This 1st game is super crucial for us.
It seems silly but it’s our most important match of the year (at least of the first few rounds).

ClaytonM

Premiership Player
Jan 20, 2013
Brisbane
AFL Club
Collingwood
Don't you believe in fate? I do. In choosing to have De Goey train with the VFL, the club have created for him an alternative set of life circumstances that have resulted in his strained hamstring. You can call it bollocks or whatever you like. I have chosen paths in my own life which have created their own outcomes. Had I acted differently, I would have trodden a different path and enjoyed a totally different set of outcomes. If it works for me, it does for the club.

You can dismiss my claim out of hand and call it whatever you like, but that doesn't alter my belief that De Goey would still have been available for selection round 1 if not for the club's punishment. Don't much appreciate your abrupt manner either. Just because you're incognito in cyber space doesn't mean you have to act like a dead set campaigner.

Yes but his alternate ‘fate’ if he stayed with the AFL side could have seen him do an ACL. Perhaps the club has saved his season.

Jul 21, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Yes but his alternate ‘fate’ if he stayed with the AFL side could have seen him do an ACL. Perhaps the club has saved his season.
There is a very slight chance that an injury may have occurred to him training with the AFL side. However there is a 100% outcome that he injured his hamstring with the VFL. You can fantasize about what may happen to him or any other player training with the AFL squad, but you can't escape the injury that did occur while training with the VFL.

Sliding Doors was a really crap movie.

Implanttheseed

Team Captain
May 30, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
There is a very slight chance that an injury may have occurred to him training with the AFL side. However there is a 100% outcome that he injured his hamstring with the VFL. You can fantasize about what may happen to him or any other player training with the AFL squad, but you can't escape the injury that did occur while training with the VFL.

Seems very convenient to me that he got injured with a hammy when there was heat from the media for him to miss round 1 due to his indiscretion.. fake news I’d say.. he will be fit and ready to go round 2 guys just watch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TKiL

Cancelled
Jul 22, 2017
Eastern Suburbs, Melb
AFL Club
Collingwood
.........."Don't much appreciate your abrupt manner either. Just because you're incognito in cyber space doesn't mean you have to act like a dead set campaigner".
Standard operating procedure for some here - often wonder if some who attack posters whilst ignoring their argument would be able to sustain their case in a different forum - I doubt it somehow

soreplums

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 29, 2009
malvern
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Boston Red Sox
Hoping to see v Hawks and throughout 2018:

1. Greater team cohesion /system

2. Faster ball movement (relays are won at baton change, not necessarily by the fastest sprinters - yes that helps..)

3. Greatly improved set shot goal kicking inside 50

4. Tackles that stick

5. Players that spread hard to help point 2.

bunter

Club Legend
Apr 20, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood

Maybe he should have chosen the path not to drink drive in the first place?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back