Preview Round 1 v Hawks (team listed #982 p40)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We've beaten Hawthorn once in 6 years but surely with Hodge, S. Mitchell, Lewis and Gibson among others now departed they aren't the formidable team they once were and we will find a way to win.
The record is a bit misleading. We have had them on toast in three or more games recently and in typical fashion failed to nail them. In most of those games it was our kicking on goal which cost us the game rather than Hawthorn brilliance.

I think the hawks are a bottom 6 team. If we expect to do anything this year, we should expect to beat them even with our injuries.

I can see Sidey having a day out kicking 4 goals. Treloar will destroy them and they have real problems with him.

Roughead, Rioli, Puopolo are well past it.

While I don’t think it will happen, I’d love to see Maynard play on Sicily. A proper hard at it kid against someone who thinks his tough because he likes to mouth off.

Clarko to put 2 holes in the wall of the coaches box.

The record is a bit misleading. We have had them on toast in three or more games recently and in typical fashion failed to nail them. In most of those games it was our kicking on goal which cost us the game rather than Hawthorn brilliance.
Though you can't take away Hawthorn's ability and belief to win any game despite being behind.

I think the hawks are a bottom 6 team. If we expect to do anything this year, we should expect to beat them even with our injuries.

I can see Sidey having a day out kicking 4 goals. Treloar will destroy them and they have real problems with him.

Roughead, Rioli, Puopolo are well past it.

While I don’t think it will happen, I’d love to see Maynard play on Sicily. A proper hard at it kid against someone who thinks his tough because he likes to mouth off.

Clarko to put 2 holes in the wall of the coaches box.

I've got this feeling we'll win quite easily. They have a few players that are just not what they used to be.

We've beaten Hawthorn once in 6 years but surely with Hodge, S. Mitchell, Lewis and Gibson among others now departed they aren't the formidable team they once were and we will find a way to win.
They've still got Breust and Gunston who usually manage to give us (me anyway) some grief

If we cannot defeat them now- when they are at their lowest point in a decade. no Mitchell, Lewis, Rioli, Gibson etc we never will.

This is one game we just have to win. Not just for all the pressure the club and Nathan are under but purely for the supporters, I'm sick of them having the wood on us with ease the last decade.

No chance of Crocker sneeking in? Serious question. Isn't he a like for like for 'The Sack'? Don't know his height, but have seen his name pop up a bit. Will be going on Fri and am excited to see C Brown, Cox and Stephenson (hopefully).

Yeah you could add him to the list of extende interchange options but I wouldn't have him in personally.

Smith is the other one I would prefer was left out but you can almost bank on him playing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hawks have lost too many parts for the machine to run as well as it did. But still have talent and still well drilled under Clarkson...

Occassionally it will come together like it did against the Bulldogs in JLT2... however feel the pies will be mostly cold inside 50 all year.

With Fasolo and Elliot missing this week... if Cox and Reid don't kick 4-5 between them, then I think we won't kick a big enough score as we generally don't have an abundance of goal scoring from our mids.

Hawks have lost too many parts for the machine to run as well as it did. But still have talent and still well drilled under Clarkson...

Occassionally it will come together like it did against the Bulldogs in JLT2... however feel the pies will be mostly cold inside 50 all year.

With Fasolo and Elliot missing this week... if Cox and Reid don't kick 4-5 between them, then I think we won't kick a big enough score as we generally don't have an abundance of goal scoring from our mids.
Clarko is a coach who doesn't need a handful of talent.. He's that good of a coach.

It will all come down to Hawthorn’s small forwards. I don’t see Roughead, Schonemakers or McEvoy taking too many contested marks. Plus, Gunston has been floating through forward and defence.
If you saw the JLT(I know JLT is bs), all their entries were very precise. I don’t see them bombing the ball inside 50, unless under pressure. If we have enough pressure up the ground, this should be an easy win.
Plus, Collingwood’s kryptonite has been small forwards. If our players give Rioli, Puopolo and Breust space, we lose.

I'm all for respecting the opposition, but geez if we as fans are genuinely worried about containing Puopolo and Bruest then we may as well give up on 2018 now...

I'm all for respecting the opposition, but geez if we as fans are genuinely worried about containing Puopolo and Bruest then we may as well give up on 2018 now...

Breust is a quality small forward.
He can kick bags and carve.
We should be concerned considering our record against Opposition smalls.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back