Preview Round 1 v Hawks (team listed #982 p40)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good to see Bucks is not shifting from our game plan that has been so effective for us in the last 4 years
Is that what you really heard? Man, I must get my hearing checked.

You are nothing but consistent!!!!!

Haha oh dear i didnt see his one, what did it say? I thought they were referring to the one i quoted..

I am just being a smartarse because Saintly doesn't rate coaches so I just assumed it was his post :p

I am pretty sure you quoted the right post mate.

Good to see Bucks is not shifting from our game plan that has been so effective for us in the last 4 years
Language is interesting.
There you go, I’m not certain how you got what you did, but interpretation is interesting.
Fair enough.

You are getting old Maggie5.....so........ :think::D

I think you meant 1935 and 1936.

And played in the 1910 flag.

He was our greatest ever person.
Yes saintly and sorry also agree with 1910 flag player - just didn't want to leave myself open to smart arse comments about adding in player premierships.

In one aspect I disagree

He was the game's greatest ever - that is an unassailable record that simply can't be contested.

And to all those out there - here on these boards, those in the AFL and media who believe Collingwood should be quiet and humble about our greats . . .

&%(*&%^&$*% you!

I for one will never eat humble pie to serve the desires of those who seek to deride us.

We have the great PRIVILEGE to barrack for the greatest team on the planet - BAR NONE.

Yes saintly and sorry also agree with 1910 flag player - just didn't want to leave myself open to smart arse comments about adding in player premierships.

In one aspect I disagree

He was the game's greatest ever - that is an unassailable record that simply can't be contested.

And to all those out there - here on these boards, those in the AFL and media who believe Collingwood should be quiet and humble about our greats . . .

&%(*&%^&$*% you!

I for one will never eat humble pie to serve the desires of those who seek to deride us.

We have the great PRIVILEGE to barrack for the greatest team on the planet - BAR NONE.
He should have been coach of the team of the century.

8!!!!! Flags trumps 6 flags of Norm Smith.

We got so stuffed in that ridiculous situation.

(Shuns opportunity to whack Silvagni and that horrid thing Jacobs.)

And don't forget his son Jock Jnr who copped 4 weeks for belting Jack Dyer (Dyer also copped 4, his only suspension). McHale always maintained he won the fight.
Maybe juniors highlight

He should have been coach of the team of the century.

8!!!!! Flags trumps 6 flags of Norm Smith.

We got so stuffed in that ridiculous situation.

(Shuns opportunity to whack Silvagni and that horrid thing Jacobs.)
Saintly that whole coach of the team of the century thing is a SOLID GOLD example of my oft repeated contention . . . .

The AFL will NEVER,EVER give Collingwood an even break . . . EVER.

Saintly that whole coach of the team of the century thing is a SOLID GOLD example of my oft repeated contention . . . .

The AFL will NEVER,EVER give Collingwood an even break . . . EVER.
And you’d be right

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am curious as to what you heard different? He did say that we won't be shifting from our game style, I have been listening to SEN and it seems that everyone else heard the same thing I did

"has a habit"????

Pretty damn obvious the list above were recruited as best 22 players or less expectec to be so

Murray in a very unique position. Possibly the first zero gamer we have ever recruited through a trade....Jamie Elliot the only exception that I can think of and he was a prelisted player and wasnt on an AFL list the previous year....

Were all of those best 22 in form before their early debut? Mayne? Q Lynch? Russell? Crisp?

So my point stands

Not trying to be a smartass at all. I just think that Thatsgold and yourself might nearly be in agreement i.e. injury free year last year and not playing this year.

Thatsgold thinks Scharenberg's performance/non selection means he is a spud, whilst you might describe Scharenberg's performance/non selection as puzzling. (I agree with you it is puzzling. I would have thought, despite his knee injuries, that he would be playing regularly and well by now).

Attitude

Were all of those best 22 in form before their early debut? Mayne? Q Lynch? Russell? Crisp?

So my point stands

Crisp played the last 6 games of the season for Brisbane the prior after injury so yes its reasonable to assume he was best 22
Mayne had played 22+ games for 6 consecutive seasons prior to joining Collingwood
Jordan Russell probably had no claims to best 22 after a poor year and career at Carlton
Lynch played 21 games the prior year for Eagles and 24 the year before that.

So the answer is yes in three out of four cases.

So your point doesnt really stand.

Note for next time, if you ask a question, wait for the answer before saying I told you so

Reckon playing Stephenson is a mistake. Looked like he wasn’t upto it yet in pre season.

Could be a sour debut against a seasoned hawks team in round 1 imo.

Put him out in the open.. wing half forward.. or on the periphery of a pack.

He's really a bright footballer.. he'll know where to run.. and not ball watch.

I think it's a good move.. as long as his not throwing his body in there.. he'll be ok.

Hey gimp what odds will we be when we win our first two for top 4
Should I double up I got on at 26
Might tumble to 12s

I've offloaded a gorilla on us for this weekend.. I think we'll win easily.

2 from 2 this yr.. make it 3 from 3 re.

As far as a premiership goes.. if we were on 100 and I had a $1.. I'd rather invest it in a Slurpee re

I am curious as to what you heard different? He did say that we won't be shifting from our game style, I have been listening to SEN and it seems that everyone else heard the same thing I did
Is that all he said about it? Seems very selective.
Watch the press conference again on the Collingwood web site.
I don't listen to SEN and who is everybody else?

Didn't realise she could hear my post
You do realise that 'tone' is not just heard don't you in terms of the written word.

Like try guessing the 'tone' of my responses to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back