Autopsy Round 1 v Melbourne Friday Sept 1 at 7.20pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Good to read some balanced views on here re players and state of the game, it is on the up and while we didn't get the W, I really enjoyed the game.
Sick of reading rubbish from the trolls on different threads trying to drag the product down. Most of them wouldn't know the subtle rule changes or differences between AFL and AFLW or the build history of the comp itself.
Go Pies
Agreed it annoys me as well. If you don't like it, don't watch it. You're an adult and no one is forcing you to watch. I'm not a Netball fan but I don't race to every forum or Instagram or Facebook and comment on every post or article about how I don't like it or get it.

Imagine being that petty and miserable.

The bad faith arguments and cherrypicking to suit their argument as well just annoy me.

Coincidence this afternoon. Had lunch with the in-laws and their son is a close friend of Nell Morris-Dalton. He said she’s very happy to have landed at the Pies, and I told him we were pleased with her debut, in a tough game.

Have watched a couple of other games today and gee the standard has gotten high. Good tackling, marking and kicking.

We certainly have a job in front of us this year.

Looking at the crowd it is so good to see Dads there with their young daughters and sons.
Something for them to aspire to.

Have watched a couple of other games today and gee the standard has gotten high. Good tackling, marking and kicking.

We certainly have a job in front of us this year.

Looking at the crowd it is so good to see Dads there with their young daughters and sons.
Something for them to aspire to.
there has been noticeable improvement each season ....... but the observable improvement in the games ive watched so far is of a magnitude way more significant than previously - and its across a number of areas of the game with handballing a particular stand-out

Biggest loss we had was Garner. She is a super star of the comp.

Nice to see Sydney win after getting a free pass in getting Chloe....................
Wasnt it mentioned we were meant to get compo for Chloe? Is that for the upcoming draft?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If this weekends games are anything to go by, I reckon we're about to see a good season overall in standard, skill and scoring.

7 of the games one team in each game has scored 40 or more points. Its only gonna improve.
These longer quarters and capped interchange, is going to grow the game a lot.

Biggest loss we had was Garner. She is a super star of the comp.

Nice to see Sydney win after getting a free pass in getting Chloe....................

I sponsored Garner in her second year with us, 2018. And then she went to North. I was devastated.☹️

We had a very ordinary culture in the first few years. The girls were not well developed or looked after. I met a few of them in 2018.

Wasnt it mentioned we were meant to get compo for Chloe? Is that for the upcoming draft?
First point:

"Essendon, Hawthorn, Port Adelaide and Sydney – were given the option of pre-signing three players from their women's academies"
"The wording has since been slightly tweaked to three drafts,.."

Therefore any compo we get (if we get any) could potentially be pushed back 12 (4 x 3) spots!

Second point:

"Some clubs have been hit hard by the PSP and eagerly await Friday's compensation announcement,..."

So the compensation was to be announced on Friday 10th March 2023 but here we are almost 6 months later and still nothing from the AFLW administrators.

I find it very hard to watch the team given the angst I hold against the administrators.

I know it will do nothing but I have lodged a formal complaint via. "Respect and Responsibility"
ComplaintForm
under the report type Integrity against Nicole Livingstone and the AFLW administrators.

To lose Molloy was a slap in the face. Knowing the reason merely is money and there was no way pies could do anything about it , just shows what a farce this comp set up is. On top of no compo

Contemplating not renewing membership until this type of thing is balanced.

To lose Molloy was a slap in the face. Knowing the reason merely is money and there was no way pies could do anything about it , just shows what a farce this comp set up is. On top of no compo

Contemplating not renewing membership until this type of thing is balanced.

It’s hard work. I want to support our girls, so I’ll hang in there with my membership but I’m not happy about it. I’m hoping Andrew Dillon has more respect for the competition and can set some of this right. Not sure how much power Nicole Livingston has at headquarters - she may be hamstrung.

Fearful it will be a bleak season for us. Melbourne looked much superior in most aspects of the game last Friday, it was really disheartening.

It’s hard work. I want to support our girls, so I’ll hang in there with my membership but I’m not happy about it. I’m hoping Andrew Dillon has more respect for the competition and can set some of this right. Not sure how much power Nicole Livingston has at headquarters - she may be hamstrung.

Fearful it will be a bleak season for us. Melbourne looked much superior in most aspects of the game last Friday, it was really disheartening.

Absolutely agree with all the above. Its good to see the standard improving, they need to get compo sorted however when talent just walks for money we cant match due to competition rules.

COLLINGWOOD'S Bri Davey has been rewarded for her best-on-ground showing the AFLW season opener, picking up a perfect 10 coaches' votes despite her side's loss to Melbourne.

Davey was one of six players to get 10 votes from the opening weekend of games, alongside Richmond's Mon Conti, North Melbourne's Jasmine Garner, Adelaide's Niamh Kelly, Sydney's Ally Morphett and Geelong's Georgie Prespakis.

Davey was the only Magpie to poll on Friday night for her dominant 35-disposal game, with Melbourne's Kate Hore the best of the Demons with seven votes.

COLLINGWOOD'S Bri Davey has been rewarded for her best-on-ground showing the AFLW season opener, picking up a perfect 10 coaches' votes despite her side's loss to Melbourne.

Davey was one of six players to get 10 votes from the opening weekend of games, alongside Richmond's Mon Conti, North Melbourne's Jasmine Garner, Adelaide's Niamh Kelly, Sydney's Ally Morphett and Geelong's Georgie Prespakis.

Davey was the only Magpie to poll on Friday night for her dominant 35-disposal game, with Melbourne's Kate Hore the best of the Demons with seven votes.
Very deserved. We just need more players to step up with her.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back