Captains Round 1 VC / Captain

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not long now SuperCoaches... Many teams will be fairly similar come the bounce of the ball on Thursday night... Often, it's your Captain's choice which separates a top 1,000 ranking from a top 100,000 ranking in the early rounds.

With there likely to be a plethora of playing R3's in Rd-1, only some will have an intentional non-playing donut... So it might be a little trickier to use the VC/C loophole early in the season.

So what are your current thoughts? Forget the loophole for 1 week and just go all out on a C... Or try to fandangle the loophole in some fashion?

Either way, who are you looking at for the V & C?

Here are some contenders (complete with an Easter, MAFS & horse racing theme... because: reasons):

- Dusty vs his Rd-1 bunnies
- Gawn vs some Meek bunny
- Grundy vs his English bunny
- Bont or Macrae vs Treloar's ex
- Danger vs his ex
- Steele vs his ex mob
- Neale vs Horse's mob
- Any Port player vs Horse's ex mob

Last edited by a moderator:
Easy done, next question sir

[PLAYERCARD]Max Gawn[/PLAYERCARD] X Google Home Mini - Netflix TV Commercial 2018 - YouTube

How much does a VC need to score before you take the C off Gawn? :think:

Anyone else I would take 120+ but for Maxxxxxy a little more.

I'll probably just straight C him. Hoping to have 30 playing round 1 this year as a small hedge against the stupid mother ******* s**t that is teams named the day before. I'm sure a rookie will get dropped in due course to be a loop.

Anyone else I would take 120+ but for Maxxxxxy a little more.

I'll probably just straight C him. Hoping to have 30 playing round 1 this year as a small hedge against the stupid mother ******* sh*t that is teams named the day before. I'm sure a rookie will get dropped in due course to be a loop.

Would it kill the AFL to have all teams excluding Carlton and Richmond name their squads on Thursday evening just for Rd1? Fantasy footy aside i know i always liked reading all teamsheets at the start of a new season with the new players and such. Not really the same seeing them published one or a few at a time.

Would it kill the AFL to have all teams excluding Carlton and Richmond name their squads on Thursday evening just for Rd1? Fantasy footy aside i know i always liked reading all teamsheets at the start of a new season with the new players and such. Not really the same seeing them published one or a few at a time.

All squads on Thursday night, teams night before game. That'd be perfect.

the result of my VC selection may influence my rookie selections to include a loop
Gawn straight captain as I'm probably going for 30/30 green dots.

If I decide to take a donut, Grundy VC/Gawn C it is.

what do you do when your VC scores 150+

Even better, if we could actually name players in real positions .....I used to love that aspect of Thursday Nights

Unfortunately with all the "Late Outs" now, who knows what the team composition is on gameday

That's why we depend so heavily on Test Tickle ..... don't let us down, Big Fella

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not planning on selecting a loop with all the playing rookie rucks, will probably straight C Gawn assuming I don’t go full crazy and start Flynn R1.

the result of my VC selection may influence my rookie selections to include a loop

what do you do when your VC scores 150+
Yeah good call. If Grundy does huge, may just get a perma donut for loophole. Always handy anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back