Unofficial Preview Round 1 versus The Streak™ - Opposition Supporters Welcome

Remove this Banner Ad

You lads are betting a bit touchy aren't you? Some more shitposts might make this thread a more entertaining read
Unfortunately your mob are just s**t at posting.

Seriously though, I think we're all getting a touch nervous. Too many false dawns.

You lads are betting a bit touchy aren't you? Some more shitposts might make this thread a more entertaining read

Thought we'd get a bit more wit out of the saints but that thread on your board is absolute trash.

shitposts are meant to be funny, not just plain old s**t

Hey Dees fans, do you think Weideman will be in your 22 and if not is he close? Think he will turn into a pretty good player after seeing some of his VFL footage from last year.

Needs another 5kg and more practise monstering 17 year olds in the VFL.
moana hope>>>>>jesse hogan

this has six likes ^

I'm a fan of some of the skills in the women's match. But this is a case of the media planting a flag into the biggest inspiring-sob-story of the AFLW BEFORE they work out if she can actually play! I know Bruce and co pleasure themselves to Cyril on air, but they at least waited for him to show he was an amazing footballer.

Speaking of touchy, when was the last time McCartin was able to reach down and touch his own dick?
1b534baadc9bc8503ffc5f6955fa5b79.jpg

how would the dees supporters feel if wattsy doesn't get picked? after this build up, it would be pretty neeld of goodie to not pick him

how would the dees supporters feel if wattsy doesn't get picked? after this build up, it would be pretty neeld of goodie to not pick him

He'll play for sure. The speculation at this stage is just Goodwin playing his cards close to his chest.

Would be baffling if he wasn't selected. His pace, marking ability and kicking are going to be so important to beating St.Kilda

He'll play for sure. The speculation at this stage is just Goodwin playing his cards close to his chest.

Would be baffling if he wasn't selected. His pace, marking ability and kicking are going to be so important to beating St.Kilda
yeah that and he's had very solid games against the saints for the past 3-4 years. I'm quite certain he will be selected (I don't listen to the media) but maybe goodie wants to be really bold, really early....

"You know what this stadium needs? Big ******* ugly apartment buildings built literally right over it. Will make for nice dark wind tunnels of all the concourses".
Toilet.
Etihad kinda is a toilet, it tends to fill up with s**t every weekend

(Log in to remove this ad.)

moana hope>>>>>jesse hogan

this has six likes ^

Those likes are more about the poster than the post. There is a nuance to those likes that ONLY long term saints posters will really get.

The truth is that we're getting anxious over there. This is the first time since 2011 that we have expectations about finals, and we're a bit nervous about R1 because there is a general consensus that one of us will make finals (at North's expense) and the other will just miss out. So winning against Melbourne is doubly important in a year of great expectation. But the streak will end at some point, RIGHT? IT COULD HAPPEN ON SATURDAY, RIGHT? AND IT'S DRIVING US NUTS OVER THERE ON THE SAINTS BOARD!

Sorry, for yelling on your board. We're not really a bad lot. We are just frazzled. I think if you ran a poll most Saints supporters would like both our teams to get into finals. Hawthorn have had more than their fill they can piss off too. And the Cats.

Other than that, we are really hoping you start with Spencer. Also, please, please let Hogan run with Riewoldt. Ahhhh, I'm feeling calmer already just thinking about those. And we can't wait to see the latest mental demons (pun intended) that Watts will bring to the game. Ohhhh that feels even better. I'm feeling almost refreshed. This is therapeutic.

St Kilda's pressure rating against Sydney in JLT3 was measured as elite. So we're hoping that we can introduce chaos into your midfield and forward line, so it kind of reflects our banter thread. Good numbers around the ball. Not pretty but generally headed in St Kilda's direction. Looks like s**t but eventually the Melbourne players just stop competing. Get ready Melbourne. Good luck and thanks for getting my stress levels back down again. You're great listeners. ;)

stress-meter-clip-art-at-clker-com-vector-clip-art-online-royalty-JIpGw3-clipart.png

Last edited:
Those likes are more about the poster than the post. There is a nuance to those likes that ONLY long term saints posters will really get.

The truth is that we're getting anxious over there. This is the first time since 2011 that we have expectations about finals, and we're a bit nervous about R1 because there is a general consensus that one of us will make finals at North's expense) and the other will just miss out. So winning against Melbourne is doubly important in a year of great expectation. But the streak will end at some point, RIGHT? IT COULD HAPPEN ON SATURDAY, RIGHT? AND IT"S DRIVING US NUTS OVER THERE ON THE SAINTS BOARD!

Sorry, for yelling on your board. We're not really a bad lot. We are just frazzled. I think if you ran a poll most Saints supporters would like both our teams to get into finals. Hawthorn have had more than their fill they can piss off too. And the Cats.

Other than that, we are really hoping you start with Spencer. Also, please, please let Hogan run with Riewoldt. Ahhhh, I'm feeling calmer already just thinking about those. And we can't wait to see the latest mental demons (pun intended) that Watts will bring to the game. Ohhhh that feels even better. I'm feeling almost refreshed. This is therapeutic.

St Kilda's pressure rating against Sydney in JLT3 was measured as elite. So we're hoping that we can introduce chaos into your midfield and forward line, so it reflects our banter thread. Good numbers around the ball. Not pretty but generally headed in St Kilda's direction. Looks like s**t but eventually the Melbourne players just stop competing. Get ready Melbourne. Good luck and thanks for getting my stress levels back down again. You're great listeners. ;)

stress-meter-clip-art-at-clker-com-vector-clip-art-online-royalty-JIpGw3-clipart.png

How bad would the melts be if Hogan shut down Riewoldt and Watts + Spencer kick 4 goals each, breaking the streak?

How bad would the melts be if Hogan shut down Riewoldt and Watts + Spencer kick 4 goals each, breaking the streak?

This bad.

latest

How bad will the melt be if Hogan gets teamed and fails to fire, Spencer is kept to less than 10 disposals and Watts runs out of puff halfway through the third?

Last edited:
How bad will the melt be if Hogan gets teamed and fails to fire, Spencer is kept to less than 10 disposals and Watts runs out of puff halfway through the third?

Let me guess.

oqYrAWT.jpg

Don't let their bravado fool you, they are absolutely s**t scared of losing to us when the game finally has some meaning.

Honestly I've tipped the Saints, in a 50/50 game like this I reckon you always go with the home team. I'll only melt if we get done like the last three times (Average losing margin of 6 goals), I can cop a close loss (But * I want to win this so bad).

In all seriousness though I haven't kept up with the ruck situation you guys are having, why's Goodwin supposedly keen on adding another one on top of Gawn when he's easily top 3 rucks in the comp, and obviously the best one last year.

In all seriousness though I haven't kept up with the ruck situation you guys are having, why's Goodwin supposedly keen on adding another one on top of Gawn when he's easily top 3 rucks in the comp, and obviously the best one last year.
Think it's about the fall-away to the #2 ruck and more about our forward line queries.

Right now our KPFs are:

Hogan (duh)
Watts

Then it's a questionmark. Watts can pinch-hit but no more in the ruck really.

So do you go:
- Weideman - KPF only, still young and questionable whether he can body-on-body.
- Spencer - Ruckman primarily but appears to have improved his forward craft.
- Pedersen - Utility KP, doesn't have much in terms of forward craft.

Pedo appears to be out more due to issues surrounding KPD fitness. So then it's Weid, Spencer or neither. I think it has to be one of the two, if you go in with neither then when Watts pinch-hits Hogan gets double-teamed, guaranteed.

My hope is that he's just trying to keep Gawn honest and ensure that if he goes down we have another option.

I expect Spencer was probably given a bit of an ultimatum during pre-season that we needed him to be stronger and more versatile, and to his credit he looks to have worked really hard over pre-season to improve.

Another thing it adds is it means we can rest Gawn throughout the year if we need to.

Highly doubt he will be named tonight.

if you go in with neither then when Watts pinch-hits Hogan gets double-teamed, guaranteed.
You'd think Gawn would rest forward after a quick breather on the bench tho. Plus we seem to be concerned about being too tall with Spencer/Weid, and seeing the ball disappear from our forward line as had happened the last few times we've played them, stands to reason if we're a bit smaller, that should negate it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back