2. Jack Petruccelle
1. Jackson Nelson

HM: Barrass, O'Neill, Petrevski-Seton

5) Jones
4) Redden
3) Barrass
2) Rioli
1) Nelson

HM: Williams - had a couple of frustrating moments and well-beaten by Witts overall but loved how hard he cracked in. He's building towards being a really solid player for us

5. Jamaine Jones
4. Luke Foley
3. Jack Redden
2. Jackson Nelson
1. Jack Petruccelle

Votes could have gone to a number of players tonight - good sign.

5. Jones, easily best game for the club. Speed, tackling, ball use and pressure.
4. Redden, really stood up as the senior midfielder.
3. Rioli, so much influence on the game.
2. Gaff, would've been higher but a few too many kicks around the corner.
1. Foley, looks like he's played 150 games but that was his 8th game. Yes 8th game!

HM: Gov, Barrass, SPS, Petreceulle, Nelson.

Thought O'Neill played a good game, he's AFL quality just needs to build consistency and production.

5 - Jamaine Jones
4 - Tom Barrass
3 - Jack Redden
2 - Willie Rioli
1 - Luke Foley

HM: Josh Rotham

JJ a clear #1. The sort of game that puts you in line for AA and B&F honours (provided that becomes your standard game). At least a 9 out of 10 out there.

The next three all played really well with minimal complaints.

After that it's a pretty big mixed bag. Most players showed great endeavour, intent and attack on the ball. Most also had a few hands on head moments in relation to skills and decision making.

Just not enough overall class or four quarter consistency which was kinda to be expected with the players available.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

5 - Jamaine Jones
4 - Luke Foley
3 - Jack Redden
2 - Jack Petruccelle
1 - Jeremy McGovern

HM: Gaff, Rioli, Barrass, Petrevski-Seton

I often see the game (in terms of who was best on ground etc) differently when I watch the game live vs on TV. Saw this one live (in better seats than my usual ones too!) and I thought Jones was BOG by a mile. Pleased to see that view is (almost) unanimous.

We seemed to rotate Jones and Willie at centre bounces. I don't think I ever saw both of them in there at the same time. Wouldn't mind seeing that at some point this year. We always roll our eyes at mids being shoehorned into the forward line, but Willie and Jones are genuine weapons forward and in the guts (and even on halfback shitmixing Ranga Rowell).

Get Flyin' and Kelly back playing similar mid/forward aggressive roles (with Yeo beastmoding the contests) and I'm gonna need a minute...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back