MVP Round 1 votes vs orange team

Remove this Banner Ad

As someone who was at the game i thought Wardlaw was great, he doesnt give up although he went quiet for a couple of quarters, Sheez was class, PC was showing good signs but Xerri absolutley dominated Briggs which was a good sign. As an optimimsitic North fan i was hoping for a win but that second quarter showing was great and to put 80 points on that backline who were superb today was a good showing, Bring on Freo Rnd 2

3 Sheez
2 X
1 LDU

Great debut's from Colby and BGZ, and I really like Dawson's game too....love to see him in the team with Logue back, I think he could be a real attacking weapon, has some real dash for a big guy.

3. Big X - his best game
2. KD - In a defence getting bombarded he held his head high and halved or won almost every contest.
1. Sheez - Just never stops. Ever.

HM. Bailey - will poll high in the Syd again and rightfully so.

As someone who was at the game i thought Wardlaw was great, he doesnt give up although he went quiet for a couple of quarters, Sheez was class, PC was showing good signs but Xerri absolutley dominated Briggs which was a good sign. As an optimimsitic North fan i was hoping for a win but that second quarter showing was great and to put 80 points on that backline who were superb today was a good showing, Bring on Freo Rnd 2
There is no doubting Wardlaws commitment when he has the ball, doesn’t have the ball and when it’s been contested. While his kicking and decision making are a work in progress, I would have the coaches take a leaf out of the Cunners handball tool kit. Hitting guys by hand from 20 meters away. He used to do 3-4 of these a match with ease. He is so Damm quick, that he could give and go to whoever he handballs to. Lots of upside here. Agree on X who was great in the guts and Sheezel plays like everyone is half speed around him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There is no doubting Wardlaws commitment when he has the ball, doesn’t have the ball and when it’s been contested. While his kicking and decision making are a work in progress, I would have the coaches take a leaf out of the Cunners handball tool kit. Hitting guys by hand from 20 meters away. He used to do 3-4 of these a match with ease. He is so Damm quick, that he could give and go to whoever he handballs to. Lots of upside here. Agree on X who was great in the guts and Sheezel plays like everyone is half speed around him.
Yeah exactly right just have him as an extractor although i think you'll find Wardlaw will show he is good by foot as he showed glimpses last year and especially in pressure situations where he makes a man miss then hits a 15-20m kick.

3 Xerri
2 LDU
1 Powell

HM. Curtis. Whilst not worthy of a vote, thought he had some involvement in a lot of our goals to keep us in touch untill 3/4 time
Edit, Coaches award. Curtis

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back