Oppo Camp Round 1 - Vs North Melbourne | The Banter Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
May as well lock this thread i can't stand the sight of your scum board.
**** off cya next time

I know this is a banter thread but how this guy hasn't been red carded has me stumped. Would be an instant red and ban on any other board.

(BTW - Dyson "Vacuum Cleaner" Heppel has immense skills. Boy isn't confident going back with the flight though is he. Hirdy wouldn't have pulled out.)

He was pretty confident when he went back in the last and got smashed by the KP players. Not sure what happened with that earlier one. I'd say he saw a bombers jumper or got called out at the last second.

I don't get it personally. I was told on AFL360 by David King that North's strength is their midfield, and their young guns of Bastinac and Cunnington would thrash us, and it was only if our KPP stood up we'd win. North's young mids are awesome and our midfield is our weakness.

Anyone got the clearance stats? What was it, 40ish-20ish our way?

Confusing, to say the least.

Zaharakis isn't even an established inside player yet he killed it when he went inside. Haven't seen any stats but I'd be surprised if he didn't win more clearances and hard ball gets than most of the Norf mids.

Apparently our only decent midfielder is Jobe Watson, who still isn't in the classy bracket of Andrew Swallow...

Thought Stanton with his 35 touches & 2 goals & reigning B&F winner Zaharakis with his 25 touches were both pretty impressive. Not to mention Hocking who unfortunately was subbed off midway through the first quarter. They all of course received 5 star rucking service from one of the best rucking duos in the game in Ryder & Hille.

Dream Team points can sometimes be a little misleading but Essendon's top 3 midfielders on the night (Watson, Stanton & Zaharakis) all outranked their North counterparts.

And yet when push to came to shove, the siren went and you had to hope we'd lose the game.

And yet when push to came to shove, the siren went and you had to hope we'd lose the game.

And we won. And you're still debating it like the pathetic tin rattling sore losers you are.

44 to 30 clearances and missing one of our biggest midfield hard nuts from the opening minutes. LOL!

Keep making a bigger dick of yourself, DawKnob. Suits you! :thumbsu:

And yet we won. We were better.

You got the 4 points.

Reality is you got overrun in the last 15 minutes because you couldn't put the game away and when the siren went, your fate was out of your hands.

You didn't take us apart. I didn't walk out like when Geelong and Collingwood do it to you thinking "Christ we're a long way off that mob".

The scores reflect where the two teams are - at the same place.

Anyway, enough of this, we have the Giants this week and I'm off to their popular and dynamic board for the banter!

Reality is you got overrun in the last 15 minutes because you couldn't put the game away and when the siren went, your fate was out of your hands.

Reality is you weren't good enough. Now, why are you still here? Stop carrying on like a sore loser and piss off back to your own board.

Ryder 165 SC points. Against AA HMac and 'super ruck' Goldstein...

Just saying. Can't wait until he plays a game like that and kicks 4 goals as well!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And we won. And you're still debating it like the pathetic tin rattling sore losers you are.

I'm watching the replay and there was a snippet with Archer taken from OTC. He basically goes on about how he always hated Essendon because they had money, whilst North were poor. He also says that the North players always thought that Essendon thought they were better than them and that they spoke about it all the time.

No wonder their whole ****ing club and it's supporters have this inferiority complex. Even their bloody players are obsessed with it. Must have been pretty tough on the likes of Archer knowing that the only reason their club had any sort of relevance was because of Wayne Carey.

You got the 4 points.

You didn't take us apart. I didn't walk out like when Geelong and Collingwood do it to you thinking "Christ we're a long way off that mob".

The scores reflect where the two teams are - at the same place.

Anyway, enough of this, we have the Giants this week and I'm off to their popular and dynamic board for the banter!

No, if we played Rd1 like last yr against the dogs instead of that patchy s**t, it would of been a true reflection of the difference between our lists 4-6 goals & a few spots on the ladder.

Zaharakis isn't even an established inside player yet he killed it when he went inside. Haven't seen any stats but I'd be surprised if he didn't win more clearances and hard ball gets than most of the Norf mids.

Zaharakis had 8 clearances which was equal most on the ground with Stanton and Swallow.

I dunno, i think we're ahead of North, but only just.

We smashed them everywhere despite having Hocking down early, and a couple of defenders injured throughout.

They took their chances in the last to get close, be we would win that game by 40 points 7/10 times.

Will be even better once McVeigh is out of the side...

I was genuinely worried about Norf's rucks heading into the match but I'm confident that Hille/Ryder will get the job done next time around and we have good backup in Bellchambers and Melksham who should be able to hold their own.

Well done Bombres. A good game with periods in which each team had the upper hand.

Look fwd to the return bout.

In the meantime, thanks for the (mainly) good-natured banter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back