Round 1 Vs Sydney GAMEDAY

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its BS but in reality when your membership is declining you need other funds to help keep the club up .I wonder as Henry Hill one called them the Schmucks at the Western Oval the day after we won our flag in 2016 have become members I think not many that is why we have to do this crap
Maybe if the club displayed some respect for its supporters we wouldn’t be losing so many members.
We have zero information on our vfl teams’ performance on the weekend. Is it so hard to post on the website a small summary with goal kickers and best players.
It might surprise Gordon and Bev but supporters are actually interested in how Cavara, Greene, Dickson, Young Fletcher ... May have performed

It might also be appreciated by fans to have a regular up date on injuries that bears some relationship with reality.

Why is it so hard to embed a table of injuries, recent game results with goal kickers, best players, membership graphs?

God knows if the club where to display some passion for the players and what the fans are obvioulsy interested in - you might not lose as many of them and who knows you might gain some too.

A quick visit to the Collingwood website and I notice it does have a summary of their vfl practice match and other short articles on the lesser younger players

A weird paranoia has becoming routine around the club post 2016 about providing transparent information about much of anything at our club. Opposition teams will all have their scouts and ways of knowing what is going on - so if the motivation is to not reveal information which can be used to gain an advantage at us on the field it is misguided. It serves no purpose but to disenfranchise the fan base: closed training sessions, bs injury reports, odd unexplained selection and management of players, odd game plans no one understands, and a succession of premature retirements and inexplicable retention of some and recruitment of others - honeychurch/Hayes/trengrove/durea...

Get your *en house in order

Last edited:
I don't mind it as a one-off. We get the cash, the leadership group are ok with it and we actually make a few headlines instead of being completely invisible prior to round 1.

Hahahahahah look at the carry on

We wore Robodog for years and we wear an indigenous jumper every year that we really have next to no right to because we have the least aboriginal history of any club by a mile.

We play in Ballarat (which has nothing to do with our history or heritage) for a pay cheque. So many hypocrites

It now seems probable that we won't see any of Dickson, Greene or Cavarra in the Round 1 team. However, I'd like to make a case for Cavarra in particular. Here is a mature player with good skills and an ability to kick multiple goals albeit in a lesser comp who I thought was taken reasonably high in the draft to fill a gaping need. Either his preseason form hasn't been good enough or we are just giving the incumbents first option but I would have liked to see what he could do.

I don't mind it as a one-off. We get the cash, the leadership group are ok with it and we actually make a few headlines instead of being completely invisible prior to round 1.

As important is that youngsters are being marketed to.

Don't get the hoohah and offend on here. Not like its a permanent change.

As important is that youngsters are being marketed to.

Don't get the hoohah and offend on here. Not like its a permanent change.

again if it means cash then so be it but not in Round 1 make it a no brainer game at the Dome and make it a big kids day not the Jumoer to start our 2018 season off to a side we beat to iin a flag a few years ago

It now seems probable that we won't see any of Dickson, Greene or Cavarra in the Round 1 team. However, I'd like to make a case for Cavarra in particular. Here is a mature player with good skills and an ability to kick multiple goals albeit in a lesser comp who I thought was taken reasonably high in the draft to fill a gaping need. Either his preseason form hasn't been good enough or we are just giving the incumbents first option but I would have liked to see what he could do.

I just saw Cavarra is out injured, didn't play the vfl game on the weekend due to quad tightness and is 2-3 weeks away. Also Vandermeer is 4-6 weeks away with a hamstring

(Log in to remove this ad.)

that jumper absolute shait. it is awful and will go down into the rubbish of poor taste in footy jumper history. horrendous and shameful. i hope the money compensates.

I just saw Cavarra is out injured, didn't play the vfl game on the weekend due to quad tightness and is 2-3 weeks away. Also Vandermeer is 4-6 weeks away with a hamstring

Can confirm

Screenshot_20190314-114531.jpg

I reckon Dickson will 100% be in, Greene about 70%

We better have got a serious packet for this

The president of Disney/marvel Australia is on our board - Vice President I think - so let’s assume that it’s worth it

As ted Richards said ...
Rather make money from the jumper than pokies. Money also going to charity. I’ll hate watching round 1 but soon be over it me thinks

I’m happy for them to wear it for one game. I see the benefit of it for the club, creating exposure for the club and it’s sponsors. For every sale of the jumpers, the club will also be donating to the Make a wish foundation.

We aren’t in the BBL. This is more than a game, not just a bit of fun for the kids.

It is a demeaning jumper, and it was for the AFLW girls too when they were asked to wear that s**t, and due to backlash from players and supporters they didn’t (I note the designs other teams like norf had for that)

It treats our game with disrespect.

Please

The girls have worn 3 different jumpers in three years and should have worn it to try and bring in some money because they get zero attendance money.

If a jumper effectst he way you play then you shouldn’t be out there

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back