Round 1 Vs Sydney GAMEDAY

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whatever happens on Saturday night, I'm so bloody glad we'll be able to start talking about actual events again. The offseason speculation gets so monotonous. Bring on some Bulldogs football!
We are almost melted out. Need to fight back, there's a long season ahead of us :p

Sep 22, 2008
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I dunno about you guys but i think things are gonna click in a big way on saturday night. Our whole game is built around intensity and we didnt have that in the JLT, we never show it any respect at all, plus weve heard reports of the group putting in a massive block of work just before it, they would have been sluggish, the idea was to be ready for this week not JLT.

Gonna surprise the * out of the swans and i cant wait.

Munnez

Premiership Player
Apr 2, 2018
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I dunno about you guys but i think things are gonna click in a big way on saturday night. Our whole game is built around intensity and we didnt have that in the JLT, we never show it any respect at all, plus weve heard reports of the group putting in a massive block of work just before it, they would have been sluggish, the idea was to be ready for this week not JLT.

Gonna surprise the **** out of the swans and i cant wait.
Here's hoping that it goes to plan then

Whoyagot

All Australian
Sep 18, 2018
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
The one upside is with the swans going tall up forward is we should be able to walk it out of there if the ball hits the ground. We just need to pressure the ball deliverer and bring it to ground. From there Daniel, Crozier, Suckling, Williams, etc should be able to get to work. It’s not like the swans have elite pressure forwards, especially with the likes of florent and Papley playing more midfield time. It’ll be ******* risky going small but I’m sure bevo is going to do it, could make for a really exciting game!

The one upside is with the swans going tall up forward is we should be able to walk it out of there if the ball hits the ground. We just need to pressure the ball deliverer and bring it to ground. From there Daniel, Crozier, Suckling, Williams, etc should be able to get to work. It’s not like the swans have elite pressure forwards, especially with the likes of florent and Papley playing more midfield time. It’ll be ******* risky going small but I’m sure bevo is going to do it, could make for a really exciting game!
Hope you're right. That will be a third of the battle.
We should at least match them in the midfield. That's two thirds.
The remaining third is the problem though - where will the goals come from?

Gonna surprise the **** out of the swans and i cant wait.

Agree entirely Re the intensity Doggies.

I just don’t see how we can score enough against rampe, mills, Lloyd, Grundy etc.

Sep 22, 2008
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs

I just don’t see how we can score enough against rampe, mills, Lloyd, Grundy etc.
Yeah its definitely a concern, but i think with Schache, Naughty, Mclean, Lloyd and Dickson theres enough class there and if the midfield can hit the scoreboard as we'd expect we can put a winnable score on the board. Dont think its gonna be a high scoring encounter by any means but can see us getting them in a close, low scoring game.

Bulldogs Legend

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 18, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
A couple of months ago our round 1 side looked very strong and it seemed like a hard task to pick a best 22..

Now it just looks horrible with holes everywhere. Basically saying "oh he'll have to do" when naming 4 or 5 blokes.

Yikes.
Dont worry it will look good in the winners circle on Sat night in the Thor jumpers

Optimistic Dog

Premiership Player
Oct 11, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I confident we will win the midfield battle clearly. A dominant midfield more often wins the game. The proviso is that even if we do not have a winning forward line they can exert enough pressure so the swans do not get continuous drive from half back.

Bulldogs Legend

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 18, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I confident we will win the midfield battle clearly. A dominant midfield more often wins the game. The proviso is that even if we do not have a winning forward line they can exert enough pressure so the swans do not get continuous drive from half back.
Yep our midfield will win most weeks its just whether we can be efficient in our forward line and if we do well watch out opposition!

Just kick it over their heads through the two big sticks

Charlie Bucket

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 16, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
2434DEB0-6150-4FC6-884B-7F3A160FC766.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back