Review Round 1 vs Sydney - New year, same s**t (now with less toilet paper)

Remove this Banner Ad

Oh I don’t think we will win next week, just don’t think Port look great either.
I think we will be humiliated.

Maybe we could spin it like Rucci used to spin the smashings we've given Port...I can see it now - thank you Port for exposing the deficiencies in our game. We'll be much better off for that smashing you just gave us. So thank you. Ha ha to you because you've made us stronger .

Bailey meh, Richards looks alright but nothing special, O'Brien is average too.

Allen wasnt a list need, Tim Kelly wouldn't have stayed and every club knew that, Liam Ryan would have been the same.

What has Farrell done ??
2 of them as opposed to one Bryce Gibbs. Who's the winner. And their combined salaries at this point would be half.

Hamish backs himself to get a good player with any pick, which can actually be to his detriment at times.

I rate Jones, though he was pretty average at best yesterday.
This says it all...Gone from being drafted as a midfielder to a FORWARD. FFS play the kid where he's played all his footy before joining us in the ******* midfield.

Screenshot 2020-03-22 at 12.01.58 PM.png

Drafted as a mid, yet has spent the most AFL game time largely up forward. His draft year he almost won Launie's B & F playing midfield in the Tasmanian Football Senior League against mature age footballers. Polled 12 votes from his 5 TSL games to finish 3rd in the Player Of The Year Award.

Mariners captain and Blues midfield bull Chayce Jones finished outright second despite only playing the last five games of the season.

ROUND 21 VOTES
Launceston v Glenorchy
3 – Chayce Jones (Launceston)
2 – Daniel Joseph (Glenorchy)
1 – Harrison Gunther (Glenorchy)

Lauderdale v North L’ton
3 – Josh McGuinness (L’dale)
2 – Taylor Whitford (North L’ton)
1 – Mark Walsh (North L’ton)

Clarence v Tigers
3 – Brady Jones (Clarence)
2 – Marcus Davies (Tigers)
1 – Ryan Edmondson (Clarence)

FINAL TALLY
18: Daniel Joseph (Glenorchy), Taylor Whitford (North Launceston); 12: Chayce Jones (Launceston); 11: Josh Ponting (North Launceston); 10: Ryan Bailey (Clarence), Tom Bennett (North Launceston), Jake Cox, Brady Jones (Clarence), Phil Bellchambers (Lauderdale), Jaye Bowden (Glenorchy); 9: Rulla Kelly-Mansell (Launceston).

O'Brian at Carlton with our No10 pick has had 2 good seasons. Zac Bailey, Higgins, Ed Richards was our No 1 pick and played 41 games for the dogs, Oscar Allen, Tim Kelly, Liam Ryan and even Port had Kane Farrell at 51. 2 of those would be ok.
Yes, if we had nailed it we could have gotten the tiny amount of good players remaining.

O'Brien is rubbish by the way

A little against the grain, but I thought Frampton did a few good things that warrants a few games to settle in. But we’ve got to do something about the s**t forward structure. Tex, Fog and Lynch won’t be dropped, they’re locked in for every game. So Frampton must go.
There's absolutely no need for Frampton unless he is to replace ROB as number 1 ruck.

Don't need back ups when you play 15 minute quarters.

Yes, if we had nailed it we could have gotten the tiny amount of good players remaining.

O'Brien is rubbish by the way
Worse than that. We lost a top player in Lever whom we received a very good Compo for that. We lost Cameron and got a good pick but we should have kept a contracted player if not just for principal.The Gibbs deal forced us into releasing CC. if we had kept him our first and only pick would have been pick 40 McPherson".

We played the best footy of the game, and we played the worst footy of the game.

We are going to have some inconsistencies in performances this year, the important thing is we stick fat with the kids.

Nicks has a task on his hands. One presser he says we are going to see plenty of the kids this season and get excited, the next he says he was happy with a senior player who had 7 disposals and gave up 3 goals.

I really hope the latter is just him not taking the public flamethrower to a player in the first real hit out. I dont think so though.

We played the best footy of the game, and we played the worst footy of the game.

We are going to have some inconsistencies in performances this year, the important thing is we stick fat with the kids.

Nicks has a task on his hands. One presser he says we are going to see plenty of the kids this season and get excited, the next he says he was happy with a senior player who had 7 disposals and gave up 3 goals.

I really hope the latter is just him not taking the public flamethrower to a player in the first real hit out. I dont think so though.
I can handle inconsistencies from kids but experienced players have no excuses

I can handle inconsistencies from kids but experienced players have no excuses
Yeah that was what irked me.

I actually liked our forwardline, 8 or 9 goal kickers and they all stayed out of each other's way. If we can play like we did in the first quarter it'll be great to watch.

We just couldn't get them the ball.

I think we will be humiliated.

Maybe we could spin it like Rucci used to spin the smashings we've given Port...I can see it now - thank you Port for exposing the deficiencies in our game. We'll be much better off for that smashing you just gave us. So thank you. Ha ha to you because you've made us stronger .
Looks like it probably won’t go ahead now with all borders, including ours, getting closed this week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Them little fellas Lachie Neale and Dion Prestia [175cm 82kg] going OK, Prestia now the Tigers number 1 mid which has allowed Dusty to go forward more and wreak havoc for the oppo defenders. Prestia with a round high 9 i50's and 546m gained. Size is less important than talent and grit in a midfielder.

Most of the elite gun midfielders are still monsters - Dangerfield, Bont, Cotchin, Martin, Fyfe, Crips. Prestia is a good player but it's handy when you have monster midfielders like Cotchin and Martin rotating through the midfield with you.

Most of the elite gun midfielders are still monsters - Dangerfield, Bont, Cotchin, Martin, Fyfe, Crips. Prestia is a good player but it's handy when you have monster midfielders like Cotchin and Martin rotating through the midfield with you.

Cotchin is not a monster (185 cm / 86kg). He’s the same size as Brad Crouch.

Cotchin isnt a monster, Neale isnt a monster, Cunnington, Mitchell, Parker Shuey...... shall I keep going ??

two first rounders for gibbs. what a f*n fail. should have just played greenwood in the middle when danger left. or even gallucci. better than that dumptser fire of a trade.
Logically it wasn't 2 first rounders as we got their pick 21 in a strong draft for pick 16 in a weaker draft so it was pick 10 + difference in our 2nd rounder for their 3rd rounder.....mind you, Gibbs isn't even worth those.

Gary Ablett Junior is widely regarded as the best midfielder of this generation and he's 182cm
Those other blokes are still the exception not the rule.

Most of the GWS mids are sub 188 too.

Charlie Comben was there for the taking in 2019...He's exactly the type of Ruck for the modern game, athletic, high leaping, good in the air, good below his knees and can clunk a big mark up forward. There's 2 excellent SA prospects in the 2020 draft West Adelaide's Riley Thilthorpe a Ruck/Forward and WWT Ruck prospect Henry Smith who will take a bit of time physically.

I would take those 2 with our first round picks. Then Mids and more mids until we get the mids sorted out.

Meanwhile for goodness sake give big Strachan a game or 2. See what he can do.

I would take those 2 with our first round picks. Then Mids and more mids until we get the mids sorted out.

Meanwhile for goodness sake give big Strachan a game or 2. See what he can do.
I rate Tilthorpe but for mjne it has to be midfield all the way. We are pretty well stocked for young KPPs but we could use another high class mid or 2.

Riley being a local lad makes the decision harder.

Cotchin isnt a monster, Neale isnt a monster, Cunnington, Mitchell, Parker Shuey...... shall I keep going ??

How many premierships have Neale, Cunnington, Mitchell won? Shuey has a pretty good foil in Yeo. Parker has Kennedy. If we used pick 9 in a superdraft on Jones with the plan to make him our primary midfielder then it was terrible plan. IMO, at best, he will be a 3rd or 4th choice midfielder.

How many premierships have Neale, Cunnington, Mitchell won? Shuey has a pretty good foil in Yeo. Parker has Kennedy. If we used pick 9 in a superdraft on Jones with the plan to make him our primary midfielder then it was terrible plan. IMO, at best, he will be a 3rd or 4th choice midfielder.
Mitchell has won a Brownlow, the other 2 multiple BnFs. Then there's Selwood, Chapman and Ablett. The last 2 number 1 picks are smaller sized mids too. Boak and Gray at Port.

The fact you could only name 5 guys proves my point, they are exceptions, not the rule and VERY hard to find.

Gary Ablett Junior is widely regarded as the best midfielder of this generation and he's 182cm

So we should be right then. All we need to do is a recruit a Kelly, Bartel, Corey, Chapman, Ling and Selwood to support him and Jones should be okay.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back