Preview Round 1 vs the Eagles 22nd March 4:40 AEDST

Remove this Banner Ad

If TV revenue disappears and the AFL fall into genuine crisis the government will bail them out (not that I think it would come to that). Footy generates way too much income. When Marvel needed upgrades the state government handed out hundreds of millions of dollars.

Anyway, so bizarre seeing that the MFC did a live Q & A on facebook where you could ask Gawnie questions. He's answering questions about who would was gonna be selected for Round 1, as if the season was likely to go ahead?

Only relevant question anyone asked was: "Have you perfected the Dry Snap?".

Calling it. Won’t happen. Hearing lots of rumour that lockdowns scheduled for later this week.

It seems that Pendlebury ha been cleared of CV.
For now. Wandered down to the local supermarket on Sunday arvo when its usually dead . Place was packed ,and not with locals either. Shelves were stripped of the same stuff that's flying out the door in the cities. I feel like its only a matter of time before a club reports someone has got it, just because every season we get reports of a virus running through a club . I can understand people stocking up , they have been told to do so , but to see people fighting over ******* toilet paper FFS , and shopping as if WW3 is about to start , is something new , even to an old *er like me.
What happens to the local leagues ? , the country leagues that depend on gate and canteen to survive, are they limited to a crowd of 500 , most don't even get that , can they still begin ? Wishing you all a safe exit from this s**t.

Just saw that all State Leagues, and Development Programs have been postponed. So this press conference could be that ... or that could be the entree prior to the main meal of the AFL season being the same.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

According to Gil, if it takes until Christmas, that's what they'll do.

They are really dragging their feet on this one. This whole display will look quaint in two weeks when the country goes into lockdown.

Hardly surprising, you got to overreact to make the doomsayers believe you're taking things seriously, can't afford to offend anyone in this day and age.

The fearmongering working a charm in the lead up to the US election. Brilliant strategy by The Don.
Biden will ride his senile white horse all the way into the WH at this stage. Trump is really struggling to bully the coronavirus and make America great again given their horrific, inadequate responnse.

Yep, won't happen.

Bring on the hologram Wagners
I’d watch.

Over holograms though, I would like to see both teams bunker in sterilised units but each player be given the remote for their individual drone - which would compete in a vast air battle over the MCG.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back