Preview Round 1 vs the Eagles 22nd March 4:40 AEDST

Remove this Banner Ad

Biden will ride his senile white horse all the way into the WH at this stage. Trump is really struggling to bully the coronavirus and make America great again given their horrific, inadequate responnse.

Plenty of time yet mate, he'll be America's hero again by November.

I’d watch.

Over holograms though, I would like to see both teams bunker in sterilised units but each player be given the remote for their individual drone - which would compete in a vast air battle over the MCG.

This sounds awesome. Wagner for drone Brownlow.

Same for ScoMo here. A large part of the electorate have short memories. And for Trump all the usual things that render other candidates 'unelectable' don't seem to stick to him.
I think the Trump and scomo are in very different positions. Scomo will actually have a decent opponent come election. Albanese should have always been the labor leader, shorten had a shocking campaign but I think Albo will be a far greater opponent. I'm not too sure with the states, Trump can continue to do his thing and the democrats don't seem to have any suitable opposition.

I think the Trump and scomo are in very different positions. Scomo will actually have a decent opponent come election. Albanese should have always been the labor leader, shorten had a shocking campaign but I think Albo will be a far greater opponent. I'm not too sure with the states, Trump can continue to do his thing and the democrats don't seem to have any suitable opposition.
Sanders is basically Gough Witlam but Americans are too blind to see the value of a decent healthcare and tertiary education system.

Sanders is basically Gough Witlam but Americans are too blind to see the value of a decent healthcare and tertiary education system.

Without trying to politicise a disaster, the current pandemic could be a blessing for Bernie. 50million Americans with no health insurance, and potential another 30-40million under insured and may not be eligible to get a Coronavirus test. If it has the impact that it potentially could in the US a lot of people may change their minds about universal health care....

...or they might just buy more guns.

Plenty of time yet mate, he'll be America's hero again by November.
Liked because I agree (not because I think that’s a great outcome).

Disasters are generally good for sitting governments even handled poorly - if the crisis is still ongoing at the time of the election, people tend to shy away from change (fear of the unknown I guess)

Without trying to politicise a disaster, the current pandemic could be a blessing for Bernie. 50million Americans with no health insurance, and potential another 30-40million under insured and may not be eligible to get a Coronavirus test. If it has the impact that it potentially could in the US a lot of people may change their minds about universal health care....

...or they might just buy more guns.
Too late now. Biden all but the nominee.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If they have to cram more than 1 game per week to catch up later in the year it makes it more feasible.
Fairer too. Imagine having to make up the huge loss in percentage against a rampaging Melbourne Demons for the full length of an AFL match, with only 16 minute quarters, impossible.

Fairer too. Imagine having to make up the huge loss in percentage against a rampaging Melbourne Demons for the full length of an AFL match, with only 16 minute quarters, impossible.
I kind of wish it was a last man standing type scenario - then we could test this burgo character out properly.

Still, it’s something else to think about for the weekend in a shitful world atm so that’s good. If the Dees could play their role, win, and make it a happy weekend in all of this I will be ecstatic.

I have no idea whether the season can really be completed - nor do the AFL I imagine - but every week they can get some payment from their contracts with networks and sponsors brings our very small club further away from the abyss. I don’t want MFC to die. I’ve spent so many years pissed off with them and screaming. I don’t want it to go to waste.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back