Review Round 1 vs West Coast Eagles @Optus Stadium (21.03.21 - 5:10pm)

Remove this Banner Ad

Mar 18, 2011
Everett
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
New England Patriots
love Day and I think he brings something, but just exposed when we rely on him 1v1 in a contested situation one out. Can't remember the last time he took a contested mark against someone his own size.

not a bad game. We went better today than I thought we would

Mar 14, 2014
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Las Vegas Bears
You mean the 4 mins that are currently the difference in the game ?
Mate in previous years that 4 minutes would mean we lost by 10 goals. We are playing a premiership fancy on their home deck with one of our best mids out and been right in the game the whole game. Just missing the little bit of class but boys played fantastic

Mt Isa Mustang

Cancelled
Dream Team Club Board Winner
Nov 23, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Gary Lyon is saying it
"Sam Day has to complement Ben King"

It's like playing soccer with no striker

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jessbek

Club Legend
Mar 24, 2012
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal, Arizona Cardinals
Played well against one of the toughest trips in footy, if sexton scrapes it past the post mightve been a different story. Much love boys, that was a different team

Oct 24, 2008
Mermaid Beach
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
GWS, Celtics, 76ers
Once again outplayed by a team with none of the top 10 draft picks we have but let the excuses begin

I know I come across as negative but ffs the excuses are rubbish. We get out worked and before people get on me about the Eagles being too strong at home, this is a club we gave 4 x 2nd rounders only a few years ago as they were a likely wooden spooner. Since then they have won a premiership and we continue to tread water

SUN OF A GUN

Senior List
Dec 1, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
How does Sam Day keep getting games? Honestly, it is beyond a joke.

Great first hit out against quality opponents. If we can build on this, we will have a good year

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Mt Isa Mustang

Cancelled
Dream Team Club Board Winner
Nov 23, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
love Day and I think he brings something, but just exposed when we rely on him 1v1 in a contested situation one out. Can't remember the last time he took a contested mark against someone his own size.

not a bad game. We went better today than I thought we would

eighties

Team Captain
Jul 24, 2012
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Had a crack. 3rd quarter we didn't capitalize on our entries...a few dropped marks and one that went up the other end for a goal. Combine that with the horrible start and thats the game...

Sep 25, 2012
Brisbane
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
OKC, Chelsea FC, Raiders
Have to look at that as an opportunity lost. The boys did well in the heat, but just not quite good enough. A few key lapses the difference.

A lack of tall options at either end is going to limit us. King needs help and Ballard is still a 3rd tall, but we just don’t have any alternative options on the list which is frustrating.

On the plus side,
- Lukoisus is dangerous further up the ground.
- Spitta led from the front.
- Bowes is a gun.

Fingers crossed on Rowell.

Peel67skin

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
Once again outplayed by a team with none of the top 10 draft picks we have but let the excuses begin

I know I come across as negative but ffs the excuses are rubbish. We get out worked and before people get on me about the Eagles being too strong at home, this is a club we gave 4 x 2nd rounders only a few years ago as they were a likely wooden spooner. Since then they have won a premiership and we continue to tread water
Not really negative but Fact , could get Oscar Allen and other with those pick and still get Weller deal done with pick 2.

Jirik13

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 22, 2018
AFL Club
Gold Coast
The first 3 mins were diabolical.

Markov crashed to earth. Hopefully, just nerves in his first game.

Another one who crashed was Budarick. Hopefully, second year blues.

Lemmens did a fabulous job on Ryan. So don’t even try to criticise him.

So Swallow is a liability? Time to apologise.

Great job Witts.

Dew you better be right about Rowell.

Time to get rid of bad taste in mouth and kill North. I will be there.

Back