HB: Johannisen Morris Goodes
C: Wallis Liberatore Smith
HF: Murphy Jones Dahlhaus
F: Dickson Cordy Giansiracusa
FOLL: Minson Griffen Lower
INT: Higgins Cooney Cross
SUB: Stevens

Not easy.
That looks pretty good to me, SB. The only slight change I'd suggest would be Stevens into the 21 and ease Cooney back into it (after his knee infection) via the sub bench.

My team for Round 1.

B: Young Roughead Picken
HB: Johannisen Morris Goodes
C: Wallis Liberatore Smith
HF: Murphy Jones Dahlhaus
F: Dickson Cordy Giansiracusa
FOLL: Minson Griffen Lower
INT: Higgins Cooney Cross
SUB: Stevens

Not easy.
Very close to what I'm going to go with. I've got Stevens in the 21 and I'm leaving Gia out completely with Hrovat in the subs vest. My rationale is that we need to show Brisbane a different look and go in with a few they won't have a handle on. Picking a team specifically to play and beat Brisbane so I want speed and pressure up forward and a lot of players to rotate thru midfield. I think Cooney has to start and Hrovat can come on for whoever is least effective. A case can be made for Gia but I think forward pressure is a crucial in this game. If we get it in often enough and well enough someone will kick the goals:)

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/afl/tea...per-matthew-boyd/story-e6frf9nx-1226606677504

You'd think that means no Young...but then who plays in defense? Markovic seemed very much out of favour in NAB 4...
Strange that he would say Goodes, Lower and Stevens would all play then say this haha, but if thats the case and Young doesn't play I'd really hope we go for Talia, at the moment Marko and Talia probably offer around about the same to the team but Talia clearly has the much much higher upside.

Strange that he would say Goodes, Lower and Stevens would all play then say this haha, but if thats the case and Young doesn't play I'd really hope we go for Talia, at the moment Marko and Talia probably offer around about the same to the team but Talia clearly has the much much higher upside.
Yeah, I've got no idea. I would rather play Marko than Talia for this match to be honest, but over the course of the year Talia should well and truly overtake Marko.

Hard to know Dan. It's not a direct quote so am loathe to take the journos word for it.
Yeah, true. Would hope all four play.

Still can't decide on Markovic V Young, I'm gonna go with Young though.. just.

Young Roughead Picken
Goodes Morris JJ
Wallis Libba Griffen
Dahlhaus Jones Murphy
Gia Cordy Higgins

Dickson, Smith, Stevens | Cooney

Stringer, Macrae, Hrovat

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/afl/tea...per-matthew-boyd/story-e6frf9nx-1226606677504

You'd think that means no Young...but then who plays in defense? Markovic seemed very much out of favour in NAB 4...
The presser is up on the Dogs website. As the HS article suggests, it sounds like all of Goodes, Lower and Stevens will play. Was not definitive as to Young but perhaps vague enough to suggest Marko might get the nod.

http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/video/2013-03-26/press-conference-coach-mccartney-26-mar-13

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't think I will be able to I'm going overseas for hopefully 2 years travelling Europe and South America heading off in May so somebody's going to have to take the reigns :thumbsu:
No worries mate, enjoy :thumbsu:

Don't think I will be able to I'm going overseas for hopefully around 2 years travelling Europe and South America heading off in May so somebody's going to have to take the reigns :thumbsu:
Just a casual two year vacation around the world, I'll add you to the hate list. :thumbsdown:

Haha nah, have a great time mate, sounds like a phenomenal trip.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back