Analysis Round 1 - What Did You Learn?

Remove this Banner Ad

6 Casboult is essential to our forward structure. He is covering plenty of distance and marking plenty. BUT we have to overcome his kicking problems.

He is and we won't. It is too late.

I'm not saying he can't have a good run here and there, but his yips will never be overcome. We can never truly depend on him in front of the sticks.

However, The Duke was similarly afflicted and he's got one of them medals everyone keeps banging on about. We need a FF to go with Cas' CHF.

I'm not saying he can't have a good run here and there, but his yips will never be overcome. We can never truly depend on him in front of the sticks.

However, The Duke was similarly afflicted and he's got one of them medals everyone keeps banging on about. We need a FF to go with Cas' CHF.

I am still hopeful- he improved last year, and apparently has been a great set shot in the distant past

This is exactly what I've been banging on about, Casboult is our modern day Duke and if we move him up the ground and get him 2-4 shots a game from around the 45-55m mark he will not have the same pressure as the inside 30m shots he seems to be struggling with at the moment. Walker to FF for the moment until one of the young blokes steps up or bulks up whatever comes first

Thats the only thing stopping the Easter weekend from being perfect TBH... Bitchmond beating us.
I have to agree Easter woulda been Sooooo Good if we had somehow got over them suckers. I would've dropped chocy eggs past all my Richmond supporters mates homes with the biggest smile, alas it didn't quite pan out, but at least I bet on us over the line easy coin ;)

If Kreuzer, Murph, & Gibbs get thru the year without any major injuries we are so much better than people think, it's just hasn't happen in so long.
Murphy was a superstar Thursday night for not playing any NAB challenge matches, people forget how unlucky he was to have his jaw broken by Hodge then comeback and have his collarbone broken by Dangerfield that's enough to make the best of footy players take awhile to recover from, then there is the shoulder problems. I take my hat off to you Marc, keep up the hard work and you'll win over every single naysayer that ever doubted you!

1 That Malthouse was a mistake. His lack of development of our list is becoming painfully obvious

2 SOS knows what he is doing. Bringing in some hardened AFL bodies to complement our youngsters

3 Weitering is proving to be a truly justified number 1 selection

4 We dont need stars under Boltons game plan to be a very good side- just very good contributors

5 Cripps wont have the second year blues he can already shrug a tag

6 Casboult is essential to our forward structure. He is covering plenty of distance and marking plenty. BUT we have to overcome his kicking problems.

7 When you put a fit Kreuzer, Cripps, Murphy, Gibbs together we look much better

8 Our outside run is starting to look good. Boekhorst, Kerridge with cunningham byrne thomas to come back in

9 A spread of goal kickers is a very effective scoring option. If Casboult acts as a decoy pulling three defenders with him then we can kick a winning score

10 our list is being well served with the addition of Josh Fraser to help develop the northern blues. From the highlights they are playing a simillar game plan to the seniors.
Had a chat to a kid playing for the northern blues last weekend and he said they are using and learning the same game plan, and all the senior blues coaches have been around to help them.... Although sadly they don't train with the Carlton players at all.

Had a chat to a kid playing for the northern blues last weekend and he said they are using and learning the same game plan, and all the senior blues coaches have been around to help them.... Although sadly they don't train with the Carlton players at all.
Unfortunately they are not full time footballers so they are training after the Carlton players have finished for the day.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dunno about Weitering as captain. I see Cripps as the player all the kids will look up to and get along with.

Weitering although has leadership qualities, I can imagine he'd be too straight down the line and serious for some blokes. Reminds me of Cotchin a bit.

Cripps for Captain and Weits for VC

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dunno about Weitering as captain. I see Cripps as the player all the kids will look up to and get along with.

Weitering although has leadership qualities, I can imagine he'd be too straight down the line and serious for some blokes. Reminds me of Cotchin a bit.

I tend to agree but add that Weiner Ingredients seemingly speaks to other players very well. That bonus footage on the Journey doco where he talks to the other draftees is a great example.

Most leaderships camps and courses will tell you that many different types of leaders exist it's not always the one type that works in each circumstance.
I've said this before in other threads but I feel docherty is the perfect captain for the club after Murphy with cripps and weitering has his VCs. I can't pinpoint why I think he's the best person for it maybe it's because he's a few years older than them or that he bleeds navy blue not sure. I do know that he persevered through really tough times with his father passing away and having injuries at the same time, after all that he gave his 100% (having more of an excuse than most not to) even though the club was traveling poorly.

Docherty will never leave us.

1. We probably won't finish on the bottom of the ladder

2. We have an exciting game plan and structure

3. The players look interested and want to play footy

4. We'll cause an upset or two this year

5. 2016 won't be a write off like so many predicted

Most leaderships camps and courses will tell you that many different types of leaders exist it's not always the one type that works in each circumstance.
I've said this before in other threads but I feel docherty is the perfect captain for the club after Murphy with cripps and weitering has his VCs. I can't pinpoint why I think he's the best person for it maybe it's because he's a few years older than them or that he bleeds navy blue not sure. I do know that he persevered through really tough times with his father passing away and having injuries at the same time, after all that he gave his 100% (having more of an excuse than most not to) even though the club was traveling poorly.

Docherty will never leave us.

He bleeds navy blue...loves it

Will be a very interesting year ahead - looking forward to not watching games with fear as constant companion. Looking forward to new players pushing for selection and improvements all over the ground in coming months.

Obviously we make Cripps the next captain and then like Mitchell he hands it over after the first premiership for Weitering to Captain the next 3

Yep, I'd follow Cripps into battle.

He'd make an excellent shield.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back