Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 6, 2012
Sydney
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Thunder
There's no point getting overly excited about tonight's easy win over last-placed Carlton. It didn't prove a thing.

Just about everyone chipped in and did their job, there were no passengers. TOJ had a bit of a night out kicking five and even perennial injury-list occupant Deledio got in on the act with a few goals.

But, like I said, so what? We played the cellar-dwellers at home, and won. Nothing to see here, move on.

It's next week that's going to count for something. We're back at the MCG, facing the 15th place Demons. They’ve been pretty inconsistent this year, tending to win narrowly and lose big. On paper and form we should account for them without too much trouble, but as this game is at the MCG, and the Dees were far from disgraced in their hit-out against the Eagles over in Perth, we've got far more to lose than just four points. Our reputation is a bit on the line here. We couldn’t have chosen a worse ground as a bogey venue.

For that reason, Melbourne will be “on”. They'll think they’re in with a shot before even running through the banner. The big question is what state of mind we’ll be in. We obviously set ourselves before the trip to Geelong, and that worked, surely it can’t be too hard to replicate the preparation?

We almost got through tonight's training run injury-free. Hopefully Zac William's hamstring problem isn't too severe, but he'll almost certainly miss a week or two. Mummy might be in trouble with the MRP for his collision with Murphy, although looking at the replay, I don't think there was anything untoward in it.

We must all keep the faith, but to be honest, it would be a bit of a joke if we can't account for Melbourne on Sunday.

Let's go Giants, let's go. And this time take it seriously.

Last edited:

fridgeman

Premiership Player
Jan 26, 2014
AFL Club
GWS
Big challenge next Sunday and for the team to be a flag contender the team will need to make another statement and get the points and hopefully Coniglio can come back in and Cameron can get back amongst the goals.
Coniglio will be important for this game to match up v the Demons mids who are the teams strength and also who matches up on Petracca

Cant see too many changes just the question mark over Williams and I would go for Cumming for him or if Coniglio has another week on the sidelines

Shaw Davis Haynes
Williams Taylor Kennedy
Kelly Taranto Whitfield
MDB Cameron Greene
Daniels HH TOJ
Mumford Coniglio Hopper
Tomlinson Deledio Lloyd Reid/Perryman

Emergencies
Simpson Keefe Reid/Perryman Cumming/Shipley

Boots73

Senior List
Jun 24, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
Big challenge next Sunday and for the team to be a flag contender the team will need to make another statement and get the points and hopefully Coniglio can come back in and Cameron can get back amongst the goals.
Coniglio will be important for this game to match up v the Demons mids who are the teams strength and also who matches up on Petracca

Cant see too many changes just the question mark over Williams and I would go for Cumming for him or if Coniglio has another week on the sidelines

Shaw Davis Haynes
Williams Taylor Kennedy
Kelly Taranto Whitfield
MDB Cameron Greene
Daniels HH TOJ
Mumford Coniglio Hopper
Tomlinson Deledio Lloyd Reid/Perryman

Emergencies
Simpson Keefe Reid/Perryman Cumming/Shipley

Boots73

Senior List
Jun 24, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
Hey guys missed the Mummy incident is he in trouble or do you think he will be right to play nxt week ?

Giant Pete

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 17, 2013
AFL Club
GWS
Haynes Davis Shaw
Whitfield Taylor Kennedy
Kelly Cogs Perryman
Greene Cameron Finlayson
Lids HH Binga
Mummy Taranto Hopper
DeBoer Tomlinson Reid Lloyd

bl4ke

Premiership Player
Nov 17, 2014
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Leeds United
Hi guys, completely the wrong thread and sorry for the intrusion - but can someone give me some information on Harry Perryman for AFL Fantasy purposes. His 105 score yesterday interests me greatly. What is his job security like? I noticed he was playing predominantly midfield yesterday but I'm guessing that was due to Cogs being out. Does he get pushed back to a flank when he returns? Thanks

fridgeman

Premiership Player
Jan 26, 2014
AFL Club
GWS
Hi guys, completely the wrong thread and sorry for the intrusion - but can someone give me some information on Harry Perryman for AFL Fantasy purposes. His 105 score yesterday interests me greatly. What is his job security like? I noticed he was playing predominantly midfield yesterday but I'm guessing that was due to Cogs being out. Does he get pushed back to a flank when he returns? Thanks

Yesterday was an aberration as Carlton didnt want the footy and as a result most players had several more touches than the average, he should stay in the 22 for the rest of the year barring injury and will rotate from hb to hf playing a utility role. I think he will rotate through the mids along with the other hfs, Greene is the one with a positional change based on yesterdays game

Teeso

All Australian
Jan 8, 2017
AFL Club
GWS
I wonder if Greene's transition into the midfield has anything to do with a lingering injury. Havent seen him go for the same speccies like he did in 2016 when he is in the forward line. Doesnt have the same leap in his step and more tries to use his strength and nudge the opposition out these days. Could be because he is wary of the 'Toby Greene rule' or maybe staff are worried leaping up going for marks like he does in the forward line might flare his previous foot injury and have instead opted to increase his midfield minutes this year given lloyd, daniels, langdon and a resting mid are going well.

bl4ke

Premiership Player
Nov 17, 2014
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Leeds United
Yesterday was an aberration as Carlton didnt want the footy and as a result most players had several more touches than the average, he should stay in the 22 for the rest of the year barring injury and will rotate from hb to hf playing a utility role. I think he will rotate through the mids along with the other hfs, Greene is the one with a positional change based on yesterdays game
Thanks for the info mate. Might be worth forking out the extra money for Perryman for his probable higher scores than a basement rookie and his stronger job security. Whitfield is a must have this week, will keep an eye on big Tobes.

Danny88

Premiership Player
Mar 21, 2014
AFL Club
GWS
Contested ball and tackling will be huge this week. Melb mids are really only running one way atm so if we get the ball on the outside their leaky def won’t stand up imo

Big game for both teams

Danny88

Premiership Player
Mar 21, 2014
AFL Club
GWS
Assuming the club is cautious with William's hamstring who do we see coming in to fill that role?

Shipley had a blinder in the twos with 40+possessions but cummings is a more like for like replacement. Hately has also been undeserving when dropped.

fridgeman

Premiership Player
Jan 26, 2014
AFL Club
GWS
With the conservative policy of the injury/rehab guys I cant see Williams being risked and the team needs Coniglio to come back in and it will be interesting to see if Cameron plays which defender both he and TOJ line up on. Maybe Cameron will miss the Suns game the week after to see if his shoulder improves

Danny88

Premiership Player
Mar 21, 2014
AFL Club
GWS
With the conservative policy of the injury/rehab guys I cant see Williams being risked and the team needs Coniglio to come back in and it will be interesting to see if Cameron plays which defender both he and TOJ line up on. Maybe Cameron will miss the Suns game the week after to see if his shoulder improves
Is it still hurt?

fridgeman

Premiership Player
Jan 26, 2014
AFL Club
GWS
Didn't look like he was playing hurt on the weekend. 25 possessions and 4 shots on goal... Not sure why we would rest him

My comment above was regarding Williams missing this weeks Melbourne game and if Cameron is still troubled by his shoulder going into the SUNS game the following week the coaches may give him a week to see if his shoulder improves. You dont think Cameron has some kind of shoulder/collarbone issue? Coach Cameron mentioned it after the Hawks loss I think and I think his shoulder is effecting his ball drop and because of this his accuracy when shooting for goal and also his attack on the contest and contested marks

Last edited:
Wouldn't be taking this lightly - Melbourne showed that they were competitive with WCE for 75% of that game last week. MCG is the real worry, history shows GWS don't play the G well or at least get the results.

De Boer has been doing some great jobs, does he go to Oliver this week in the middle.

Sounds like Cogs will miss again which is a shame.

Danny88

Premiership Player
Mar 21, 2014
AFL Club
GWS
Wouldn't be taking this lightly - Melbourne showed that they were competitive with WCE for 75% of that game last week. MCG is the real worry, history shows GWS don't play the G well or at least get the results.

De Boer has been doing some great jobs, does he go to Oliver this week in the middle.

Sounds like Cogs will miss again which is a shame.
Cogs won’t miss

Yes I reckon he goes to Oliver

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back