Review Round 10, 2017: Box Hill Hawks v Casey Demons, 24 June 2017, 2.00pm @ BHCO

Remove this Banner Ad

Once Frawley Stratts and Gibbo are fit both Hawk teams will be OK even two from three

I found it interesting that Heatherley wasn't called into the senior side with Gibson going out injured. I wasn't aware of the contract rumour posted just a little earlier but we went in very small overall and I thought at the time that it spoke volumes for Kurt's place in the pecking order. Interested in other peoples thoughts on that.

I found it interesting that Heatherley wasn't called into the senior side with Gibson going out injured. I wasn't aware of the contract rumour posted just a little earlier but we went in very small overall and I thought at the time that it spoke volumes for Kurt's place in the pecking order. Interested in other peoples thoughts on that.

I have a fair bit of faith in Schoey, so was pleased he was first in the pecking order. I was unsure if he'd play back or fwd, but Sicily's output up fwd has frustrated me, so I'm pleased Clarko threw him back and played Schoey fwd; I thought his foot skills Thursday night were terrific. His biggest issues are getting involved in the play and clunking marks instead of just competing. Fingers crossed he can maintain Thurs' output. Sicily looked pretty good down back getting involved regularly.
So I think Schoey is more versatile; allowing the coaching team to throw Sicily back. I also think he's a better defender and ball user, so I think it's fair that he was given a run before Heatherley.
I haven't seen Heatherley play at VFL level, but the AFL boys didn't trust him to make his own decisions against the Pies and were at pains to rush to his aid when he had the ball.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back