Game Day Round 10, 2017 - Collingwood vs. Brisbane Lions

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Two live Richmond games I've gone to, two times it's rained, two times that Richmond has won. True story.

Not related to game day but you try and think of something snappy to start these threads with every week!

Sep 16, 2001
Behind the goals at the BSO
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Fitzroy, North
I am in Verona, holidaying with the Good Lady. Should I invent an excuse to be close to a computer tomorrow morning (Verona time) so I can get update scores and watch the cascade of erudite commentary exploding onto this Bigfooty site or should I go over to Padua, check out the scenery and drink some vino locale?

Sausages

HIGH PRIEST IN THE TEMPLE OF GG/SNSD
Feb 27, 2007
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Luton Town
I am in Verona, holidaying with the Good Lady. Should I invent an excuse to be close to a computer tomorrow morning (Verona time) so I can get update scores and watch the cascade of erudite commentary exploding onto this Bigfooty site or should I go over to Padua, check out the scenery and drink some vino locale?

We need all the help we can get - be near a computer. And bring the wine :D

mikey127

Premiership Player
Feb 4, 2011
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
*starts to chant*

I believe that we will win

radiotron

Senior List
Apr 1, 2010
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Down in Melbourne for the weekend. Heading in with my Father in Law who is German and likes a beer so whatever the result booze will be the winner! He bought tickets in the AFL members area so I have a bad feeling we're gonna be surrounded by Pies :grimacing:
Prost!

Down in Melbourne for the weekend. Heading in with my Father in Law who is German and likes a beer so whatever the result booze will be the winner! He bought tickets in the AFL members area so I have a bad feeling we're gonna be surrounded by Pies :grimacing:
Prost!

Will be especially sweet if we pull off a win if you're in the AFL members area...

Go to Padua. Beautiful town. We used it as a base to visit Venice and spent 5 nights there in 2000. Check the up to date reviews but I remember the il Borgo pizza restaraunt as being exceptional (ate there 4 of those 5 nights).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Let's just turn this into a holiday advice thread instead, it'll be a nicer read. I'm thinking of heading to the Swiss/Austrian Alps if people have been there before?

It's a beautiful part of the world. I've not really spent too much time in the Alps - to be perfectly honest, I'm not a huge fan of going uphill. But it is beautiful with some great culture and food.

Any suggestions on exploring the North Island of NZ? That's our Christmas trip.

Bay of Islands is really nice, make sure you go on boat tour. Rotorua is good for getting some kulcha in ya too.

BigEasyPeasy

Team Captain
Dec 17, 2011
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Let's just turn this into a holiday advice thread instead, it'll be a nicer read. I'm thinking of heading to the Swiss/Austrian Alps if people have been there before?
Amazing place to visit! If you can spare the time think about straying over to Slovenia. Beautiful country.

I flew down on Friday and I'm pretty pumped for this one. Beating Collingwood at the 'G is one of our clubs favourite pastimes.. here's hoping we can do it again today

GO LIONS

BigCat2

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 10, 2006
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions

Jungfrau region in the Swiss Alps is just breathtaking. If you get to stay at Lauterbrunnen or Murren - that's just the stuff if dreams, waking up with waterfalls outside your window and majestic peaks that feel like they're within touching distance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back