Preview Round 10 2017: Hawthorn vs Sydney, Friday 26th May 7:50pm @SCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
He played 4-5 seasons as pretty much the only tall defender at our club, with very little help
When he finally got help, he started playing well, only to do his knee

If there's ever a case for someone to be a victim of circumstance, it's him

Definitely accept that.

What is his excuse now, is the question imo. I have always had faith in Schoey but he is in the delist zone now. Hard to see him pulling on the jumper again.

The excuse now is simple. The game plan does not suit his attributes
I hate to say it but we probably could do with him back, he's a decent size and still not the slowest person. He's also a very skillful kick of the ball, he's a more likely cover for Stratton and it saves us from throwing O'Brien or Sicily back because they struggle.

I hate to say it but we probably could do with him back, he's a decent size and still not the slowest person. He's also a very skillful kick of the ball, he's a more likely cover for Stratton and it saves us from throwing O'Brien or Sicily back because they struggle.
Yep
But clarko is persisting with a game plan that doesn't suit the cattle
Shoe doesn't fit (pun intended) to that game plan

Yep
But clarko is persisting with a game plan that doesn't suit the cattle
Shoe doesn't fit (pun intended) to that game plan

I getcha, change the gameplan and not the cattle potentially. Maybe 2017 will be Clarko's second 2009 - the kick up the arse he needs to adapt.

He played 4-5 seasons as pretty much the only tall defender at our club, with very little help

Spot on, that's why I never got the Shoey hate.

When the guy does play and takes a grab in the foward line his kicking for goal is Ken Judge like.

I for one hope the kid fights his way back.

On this board we are very tolerant lot but I can tell you as fact if I posted something like this on your board I would get an infraction and told to **** off.

So as a welcome and to make you feel at home "**** Off"

Now let the countdown begin till you race back to the COLA board and yell "I posted on the Hawks board and they melted and told me to get ******" then get a round of applause on being a good troll.

Jesus....

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Sure but my point was try asking a sensible question on the COLA board and you will be told to "**** Off" so just be grateful you don't get the same treatment here.
That's not entirely correct. Every board goes through swings and roundabouts in terms of emotions. I've seen plenty let go there, and sometimes not. It really depends how the side is going and who's making he noise.

Try going to the Norf board!! Whoa!!!

Go ask a sensible question over the swans. I bet you'll be treated well!

Now this Cousins kid...do tell, is he any good? Will he get a game this week? He hasn't played yet no?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

hawthorn supporters are very touchy-feely at the moment so don't take it as a 'General' rule that you'll get snapped every time you come here for a honest question.
re - schoenmakers, we actually wouldn't have a clue but with O'Brien maybe coming back into the side I think he may struggle to make it back into the side.
At 26 surely he's worth another shot in defense, unless his future now lies in the forward line?

Out: vickery, Henderson, Gibson (won't happen)- these three should not play another senior game again.
In: TOB, Brand, Cousins - 29 disposals and 15 tackles in the VFL. Deserves a chance.

Ha ha, I'm looking forward to your post on Monday "TOB, Brand, Cousins - these three should not play another senior game again."

Keep it going!

Looks like Gibbo will play. Announced as a guest on the Footy show tomorrow night, doubt they would let him go on if he was going to be dropped.

Looks like Gibbo will play. Announced as a guest on the Footy show tomorrow night, doubt they would let him go on if he was going to be dropped.

Sides won't be named, only the Geelong game.
However your theory will probably be correct and what we want and what we get (like previous weeks) will not eventuate.
The question is, when will we finally get our Bertie Beetle.

I feel sorry for the Shoe because Bigfooty hasn't been kind to him over the past 10 years (myself included) and it wouldn't be nice reading for family and friends so I will try and call it honestly.

Unfortunately he was a bad defender (didn't know how to position his body and watched his opponent rather than the ball far to often and when he took possession he was too slow with his decision making). We hoped after we lost croad in 09 he would fill the void but it wasn't until we got Lake in 2013 that we finally addressed this issue.

We have tried him as a forward.... a couple of games he would tease us with a mark or kick a big goal but far too often he would disappear for weeks at a time and despite having a big rig he wasted his size.

Right now the fact he is not getting a game with our injury list tells us that perhaps we have finally run out of patience and he will be delisted at the end of the year.

It is sad because we all had high hopes and perhaps the knee injury did play havoc with his confidence when returning...

It really is now or never for him as an AFL player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back