Preview Round 10 2017: Hawthorn vs Sydney, Friday 26th May 7:50pm @SCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think he will ever play except possibly if there are no soldiers left to play Thai.
Seen him quite a few times at Box Hill & even though he dominates at times at VFL level, he plays very 'bruise free footy'.
This isn't the sort of player Clarko likes in his team, neither do as I(my opinion only).
So cant see Dallas coming in unfortunately for him.
On the other hand Cousins should come into calculations for this match.
Tight ground made for contested football.
'Cuz' has been killing it all year & his clearance/stoppage work is what were craving at the moment.

Makes you wonder how Willsmore has lasted on our list. I agree with upgrading Cousins; dying to see what this kid has got - apart from gathering possessions - that has Box Hill watchers in raptures.

I think TV get's another chance, he can't get dropped again, I think it would kill him and kill whatever confidence he has left. Brand is a must this week, I actually don't mind the idea of him going to Buddy, he would do a better job than Gibbo. Cousins should come in but I doubt he would, he couldn't be worst than Whitey from an output perspective.

Out - Whitecross, Heatherley
In - Cousins, Brand

Kiwi didn't do much wrong to be honest and if it was my choice Gibbo would be out but we know that won't happen so Kurt makes way.

We have a good record at the SCG, and Swans don't have that quick ball movement gamestyle which unravels Hawks. But in saying that, I can't see us winning this one but it won't be a drubbing either.

With no Frawley, and a slow-motion moving Gibbo I think this could be the game Buddy turns back the clock and reminds us all of the good times :cool:

If we're going to give up at half time consistently, I'd rather do it with youngsters.

Vickery needs to be dropped. Whilst he was slow and failed to cover the ground, I found his worst trait was his tap work. His positioning and power in the ruck were awful, just got shoved around and did not help. He needs to go back to Box Hill and work his ass off.

Vickery has the turning circle of a boat... Was non-existent after 1/4 time... At least most of his team mates hung around til 1/2 time :rolleyes:

He hasn't really said anything in the media since retiring. In fact he is one of the seemingly few big named players over the past few years who have retired and not tried to get a gig in the media.

really? I see him in the daily mail/confidential all the time for his marketing/modelling/media work? cant blame a bloke for earning a living tho, just sayin'! (and yes I read that crap which is worse than any attention seeking)

He hasn't really said anything in the media since retiring. In fact he is one of the seemingly few big named players over the past few years who have retired and not tried to get a gig in the media.

Just ignore that garbage. Goodes seems like a pretty nice guy.

Because when he had a chance to take a shot in the fourth he panicked and didn't. Understand that a lot of players fell down in the second half but when you wrestle back some momentum you have to take the chances, not put it back into a congested area with more opposition players.
So what! I'd rather have WX instead of Henderson in the team.

For the box hill watchers is cousins physically ready for AFL?

He's listed at 185cm and 80kg which is a good size. Is he just a typical straight inside midfielder or does he have a bit of outside about him? How are his skills?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reid, Franklin or Tippett? Which one do you think Roughy should line up on? Have you watched Roughy run this year? He has lead in his footy boots, and would get slaughtered, even by that spud Tippett.

i have been to 5 games live this year yourself?
look he is defiantly down on fitness i agree with you but what do you do? you cant drop him, i dont think the answer wasting him away in the fwd line with slow vickery let the young boys dominate the fwd line. the club probably made a bad choice picking him as captain, he is the only one with a valid excuse to be down on output.
he could play on tippet.

I think TV get's another chance, he can't get dropped again, I think it would kill him and kill whatever confidence he has left. Brand is a must this week, I actually don't mind the idea of him going to Buddy, he would do a better job than Gibbo. Cousins should come in but I doubt he would, he couldn't be worst than Whitey from an output perspective.

Out - Whitecross, Heatherley
In - Cousins, Brand

Kiwi didn't do much wrong to be honest and if it was my choice Gibbo would be out but we know that won't happen so Kurt makes way.

we need 3 r.burtons haha. burton is perfect for reid but i would think
brand gets tippet, gibbo gets reid, burton gets buddy ?

i have been to 5 games live this year yourself?
look he is defiantly down on fitness i agree with you but what do you do? you cant drop him, i dont think the answer wasting him away in the fwd line with slow vickery let the young boys dominate the fwd line. the club probably made a bad choice picking him as captain, he is the only one with a valid excuse to be down on output.
he could play on tippet.
I've attended every game I can living in Hobart....not sure why you are so defensive?

IMO, Roughy down back is not the answer. I'd rather send O'Brien back there, but he has looked really good in the Fwd/Ruck role. Brand, Heatherly and Gibbo are going to have make do I'm afraid.

For the box hill watchers is cousins physically ready for AFL?

He's listed at 185cm and 80kg which is a good size. Is he just a typical straight inside midfielder or does he have a bit of outside about him? How are his skills?
Physically he is ready.

Vickery has the turning circle of a boat... Was non-existent after 1/4 time... At least most of his team mates hung around til 1/2 time :rolleyes:

It is all Vickery's fault. It is really karma for giving Lewis the boot instead of the captaincy. Roughead should have been allowed to just play. The captaincy is just too much of a burden this year.

I have always been of the thought that gibbo is not droppable at the moment with our injuries, however iam not so sure at the moment...

He does really provide anything apart from knowledge and experience for the younger backs but coild Hodge do this anyways?

At the moment we lack run from out backline which is why we struggle to get it out and concede so many goals

I've attended every game I can living in Hobart....not sure why you are so defensive?

IMO, Roughy down back is not the answer. I'd rather send O'Brien back there, but he has looked really good in the Fwd/Ruck role. Brand, Heatherly and Gibbo are going to have make do I'm afraid.

sorry i didn't mean to be, so you would rather see a natural young forward who developing his game put back over roughy, what just like the sicily to me thats crazy. what your starting fwd line look like? i would rather see tob,sicily,gunston as my 3 targets with 3smalls.

sorry i didn't mean to be, so you would rather see a natural young forward who developing his game put back over roughy, what just like the sicily to me thats crazy. what your starting fwd line look like? i would rather see tob,sicily,gunston as my 3 targets with 3smalls.
No, I would prefer to have Frawley, Birchall and Stratton down back, but that ain't happening anytime soon.

TOB has looked more at home down back than Sicily has to be fair.

Probably robbing Peter to pay Paul, but our forward line SHOULD cope with Rough, Vickery (yes, he needs games), Gunston, Sicily, Breust, Puopolo etc.

Burton may be a bit undersized but he's our only tall-ish defender agile enough to play on Franklin. If Gibson goes to Bud it's career over within a quarter and if Brand stands him it could be a Rocca-Dawson slaughter. Burton is in form and has the arrogance, footy smarts and ground level abilty to have earned first crack at him

I probably wouldn't bother playing the likes of Vickery, Henderson, Doc or White X again, none of them are young or have the potential to really improve.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back